ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:51 AM

Default CONVERSATION w CLAVEL

Just got off the phone with dr clavel. Great guy says my major issue is a ruptured L5 s1 and thinks discogram my help rule out L4/5. says most of us will be getting a 10 millimeter tall disc unless the trail is loose then u get a 12 millimeter. Said full bone growth isn't done til one year so no throwing down for me til then lol. Also offers insurance is something happens after u leave I can fly back and get redo for free!! Although he's never done one. So now it's between him and bierstedt??????????????????????
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 PM

Did he happen to say what the insurance cost was and what the stipulations are?

Good luck to you in your decision.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Default Adr

From what I can understand nothing is really covered lol I have to ask Yolanda more about it.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer78 View Post
Just got off the phone with dr clavel. Great guy says my major issue is a ruptured L5 s1 and thinks discogram my help rule out L4/5. says most of us will be getting a 10 millimeter tall disc unless the trail is loose then u get a 12 millimeter. Said full bone growth isn't done til one year so no throwing down for me til then lol. Also offers insurance is something happens after u leave I can fly back and get redo for free!! Although he's never done one. So now it's between him and bierstedt??????????????????????

Hi Boxer78,
Dr.Bierstedt offers an insurance policy for the hospital stay for 200 Euro. Is this what Dr.Clavel is talking about?
Also he would have taken care of any complication if I had one for free.
Glad you maybe need just one level fixed. Important is you getting your answers and soon your live back!!
Claudia
All my symtoms are GONE!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
Did he happen to say what the insurance cost was and what the stipulations are?

Good luck to you in your decision.
1k Euros. It covers revision for one year. It does not cover a re-injury however, so no falls, no auto accidents.
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Just need to make a decision, but don't wait too long. I will be fully recovered come next March, and you and I have a video to make!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:47 PM

Default Adr

Well the plot continues to thicken for me as I just discovered a cop on my job has a fusion and is on full duty!!!???? My union rep told me fusion is a no go? Anyway goin to NYC Thursday to see dr bitan who is world renowned for ADR but obv no w m6 this is just gettn ridiculous
Old 03-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Oh man!

The fact of the matter is that you *could* get a fusion. Especially at that level. But I wouldn't fuse any level of my body unless there were no other choice.

Do keep us updated. And remember. You and I have a date!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:13 PM

Default Adr

So I just called guy and he had a disclectomy not a fusion lol and still has pain wtf. My job is like a bad game of telephone sometimes!! Yes we do have a date where we will be demonstrating flying arm bars and rear chokes from various position!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
1k Euros. It covers revision for one year. It does not cover a re-injury however, so no falls, no auto accidents.
Thanks I have been wondering if there was anything to help fix something if it goes wrong. That was is part of my decision making question's. Well it still is because I want to get more information on it.

I heard from Dr. Clavel's office I am a candidate I just have to refill out some paperwork. So as long as my paperwork is good I will be fully approved.