ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:25 AM

Congratulations! Here's to a speedy recovery! Please keep us psoted as your recovery progresses. There are many folks here that are happy to help you with advice and counsel.

Dave
- Wife has been diagnosed with Severe Spinal Stenosis Right and Left Sides, Degenerative Disk Disease at C5/6 and C6/7, Large Osteophyte Complexes at a both levels, with C6/7 on R/H Side, and C5/6 both R/H and L/H Sides. Also Reverse Lordosis.
- Performed 2-Level ADR with M6-C by Dr. Clavel, Barcelona Spine Center on 10/15/14.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:37 AM

Congratulations Mimi! So happy that all went well with your surgery. I've been praying for you and hope your recovery is a speedy one.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 05-31-2015, 09:34 AM

Default Q & a

Hi Mimi, So glad to hear that you are doing so well!

1. How long from signing up did it take to get through the process of being accepted into the trial?
2. They didn't see the fractured vertebrae as a disqualification for the trial; what was the determining factor here?
3. Did they giver you any inside insight as to how much longer it will be before it will be approved here in the US?
thanks,

Cheryl
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 05-31-2015, 10:03 AM

Thumbs up the reason I ask

Is because heretofore doctors here have relied on the "Gold Standard" of fusion in cases of trauma or risk of death and paralysis. I am glad to see that this did not contraindicate the use for you. I feel that and ADR can be used in even severe cases. A fusion to me would be more risky; even if trauma is involved, merely because a fusion has to heal (fuse) and take a lot longer to be stable than an ADR. It seems to me anyway???
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany

Last edited by Cheryl0331; 05-31-2015 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 PM

Hi Cheryl,
I was fortunate that I found the clinical trial after a lot of searching on www.clinicaltrails.gov. I was surprised but delighted to see the doctor I went to was participating. I don't know why he did not ask me, maybe worried about not steering a patient or something, otherwise I would never have known about it if I had not done the research.

Anyway, I spoke with him at my next appointment and Dr. Musante explained everything and I agreed. The trial had restricted the study to one level repair only and I had three cervical injuries so we decided to fix the worst one and so far it has worked well for me. After filling out all the paperwork it was several weeks to finalize everything and schedule the surgery.

Cheryl, I hope your procedure goes as well as the thousands of other grateful ADR patients. Dr. Musante said trials like these will help bring the successful components to the United States.

I have to say that it is amazing to me that a breaking edge component like the M6 can be manufactured in San Fransico, shown to be effective for over a decade overseas but withheld from Americans. Due to a combination of reduced funding, burdensome laws and increased incompetence at the FDA, coupled with greed of those who profit off the medical system as it is so they have no incentive to support changing it from a for-profit driven model to a patient outcome accountability model healthcare system.

Again, I will be sending healing thoughts your way and let us know how you do.

Warmest Wishes,

I injured three disc in my neck with a fractured vertebra and compression on C-5 that caused severe pain, numbness and weakness in both arms and legs.

After a lot of research, I had a successful M6-C Total Artificial Disc Replacement on C-5-6 as part of a clinical trial, to stabilize my neck and improve my health. So far I am doing well and feeling better every day.