ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Manufacturer Product Information

Manufacturer Product Information This forum is a repository of information that people find and receive from device makers; e.g. brochures from website. It is NOT a discussion forum. If you find brochures that are not already here, please post them in here.

Old 07-14-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimbmw View Post
Hello Jack

I am wondering if you considered this aspect?

Thanks
I'm paranoid.

I consider everything

It's actually a curse.

Bionate 80A is in a family of polymers that has been used in medical applications for close to 20 years. If this gets me 20 years pain elimination, without impacting adjacent segments like a fusion would... I wouldn't have a major issue with going in for a surgery to replace it in 20 years.

In 30 years maybe we'll have lab grown human discs from my DNA that could be popped into my spine.

In the meantime I see the LP-ESP as the best chance of having a long term positive outcome. No fusion, or 3 d.o.f. ADR, or anything else comes close, in my mind.

On and the silicone inner core... Silicone has been in use in the medical field for like 50 years?

I expect them to last the rest of my life, but if not, by then maybe there will be even better options with better surgical techniques.

I'm playing the odds... I HAVE to do something about my chronic discomfort and pain. And from my perspective, the odds on every other option just don't look anywhere near as good as the LP-ESP...

Assuming you pick a very experienced surgeon.
Four central disc protrusions in thoracic spine.

C5-C6, C6-C7 bulging, bone spurs. Imaging not looking good. Successful CP-ESP's placed in Oct 2019 by Dr. Desai.

Delayed lumbar surgery to work on bone density. Considering options now, some but minimal bone density improvement. Will only use LP-ESP.
Old 05-29-2021, 11:39 PM

Default You have to do what is best for you, don't forget that.....

It has been a while since I have made a post here on this forum. But, since I made a 100% recovery after surgery in November of 2016, I have been very, very busy. Since I had the LP-ESP disc put in my L4-L5 and L5-S1 it took me three years to become absolutely pain free. My recovery also included overcoming severe atrophy and damaged nerves due to my injury, but the nerves healed completely toward the end of 2019, thankfully. I really thought they would never heal. I tell you what, this was the best decision I could have made. I have my life back and then some. I find I have no limitations with the life style I live either. I finished our basement remodel, planted a ton of trees on our property, and enjoy work. I am so thankful that God led my wife and I to this disc option. Dr. Rischke was a blessing too. Him and his wife made a great team. Honestly I was not sure what to expect, but I did not want to live with the pain and being bed ridden the way I was. In the end I trusted the knowledge I had gained through all my research, trusted my wife, and trusted God with my recovery. It was not easy for sure, but ultimately you have to do what you feel is best for you, and for your loved ones. I know my wife and children wanted their husband and father back. My wife and I now have four children and feel very blessed for what we have. Life is hard and is not easy, but we make the best of what we have been given. I hope the best for you. Do not give up, ever.

Nathan
PT (50) 20-8-14 to 04-24-15
MRI w/ con 13-4-15
XR Pelvis 08-6-15
COR INJ 02-7-15
MRI 14-11-15
Discography w/ CT-Scan 19-1-16
QME 16-2-16
XR LL 29-4-16
Bone Density (DEXA) Scan 01-8-16
XR LL 01-8-16
Metal-LTT 12-8-16
MRI 17-8-16
EKG 21-10-16
2-LVL L4-S1 ADR LP-ESP 08-11-16
XR LL 24-11-16
A-THX (24) 12-12-16 to 24-02-17
XR LL 31-01-17
XR LL 08-5-17
CT-Scan 07-6-17
Old 06-01-2021, 11:06 AM

Default Here here!

Jack,
Well said and to the point. I would rather try something more natural and less evasive one. You can always do fusion later. Fusion made my life a misery. It did not help my pain at all!!!!

Nathan,
Thank you for your story and for sharing your experience.
I wish you all the best. I had a consult with Dr.Rischke too. He dies surgery now at Clinic Bel Etage with Dr. Schmitz who is also an excellent surgeon, but post Op follow up has been zero. That is my only complaint.
I got a reply from my first ADR surgeon and he said said my placement and the execution looks good.
Still, I have an assessment coming up this Thursday with a surgeon on the east coast. I want to keep an eye on this. I would like to jave another CT this fall. That will be a year out and see how the Cp-Esp is holding g up ans also the level under it. That is where still have an M6.
2009 fusion with Roi-C @ C3-4
2015 MRI & CT mjr ddd @ C6-7, segmental kyphosis at C7-T1, 2-level M6-C prosthesis by Dr. Clavel Barcelona Spain
2019 H.O. formed behind M6-C @ C6-7 left nerve rt & in spinal canal.
2020 Revision C6-7 to a CP-ESP prosthesis by Dr. Schmitz Dusseldorf Germany
Old 06-02-2021, 06:16 AM

Thumbs up Life Back

nasakido "I tell you what, this was the best decision I could have made. I HAVE MY LIFE BACK AND THEN SOME. I find I have no limitations with the life style I live either. I finished our basement remodel, planted a ton of trees on our property, and enjoy work. I am so thankful that God led my wife and I to this disc option."

That says it all man , congrats ! Thanks for the update !