ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 AM

I am sorry to hear about your pain. When I began my process locally (Tampa Bay, FL) area, I began by searching on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Rays website for their published Orthopaedic and Neuro Surgeons. I also emailed their athletic training department for some confirmations. Also I was fortunate to have WWE professional wrestlers that live in the area as it originally began in Tampa (and a friend that knows Terry Bollea "Hulk Hogan"), so I asked him who they use. In Missuori, I would make a call/email to the athletic training department of both the University of Missouri and the St. Louis Rams/Cardinals. This will give you at least a good look and starting point. Trust me, these professional/high level university football teams all have top level orthopaedic and neuro surgeons who are at least a place to start... At the end of the day I did not use any of them, but I did visit the bucs/hogan's physician for an opinion (he wanted to do a fusion).

This is where I would begin locally (or semi locally)... Best of luch.
41 y/o Male, Successful Disc Arthroplasty Procedure (Prodisc C in Tampa, FL) with excellent outcome June 2011... January 2012 had 3rd episode of "throwing out my back", Lumbar Pain radiating down buttocks and into both legs, MRI shows centrally Herniated L5-S1, Bilateral S1 ESI scheduled beginning March 2012...
Old 07-19-2011, 09:26 AM

Hi kruse,
I’m in the same position as you, failed Prodiscs at L4-L5 & L5-S1 and a lot of pain. I saw Dr. C a couple of months ago and he is by far the best back Doc I have ever seen. It would be worth the trip to see him. We are still doing some tests to determine what is the best option for me, but if anything is to be done surgically, I would have no problem to let Dr. C do it.

Your friend in pain,
01 - start of severe leg & back pain
02 - L3-L4 herniated disc - in hospital 5 days
04 - DDD L4/L5/S1
07 - Prodisc L4/L5
08 - return of leg & back pain
09 - Prodisc L5/S1
no releif & pain increasing + other complications