ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:32 PM

Sorry to see you in here so young. Everyone that mentioned the better eating habits is spot on. I'd particularly stay away from any grains/legumes period. Gluten isn't the only cause of leaky gut and celiac disease the lectins abundant in all grains/legumes (there's a contradiction to what the surgeon general recommends go figure lol) If at all posible mix in some grass fed meats and add some Omega3s to your diet. I'd say 5g a day alon with 2000 units of vitamin D. Nutrition is very complicated and when you start reading and researching you are awed by how screwed up our system is. May I say GMOs, pesticides, meats that are only fed a grain diet? Guess what all of this throws off the balance of omega 3 to omega 6s in your body and when you add insulne resistance to it alone with sleep patterns and the. Wrong type of stressors it become a time bomb. Yes the answer is in the eating habits. I don't like to call it Diet bc anything we eat is part of our diet wether it is good or bad. Lifestyle changes are in order for those of us with these types of issues. While it will not solve the problem it will make easier to tolerate. On another note it is ultimately your decision but I'd seriously consider asking overseas and at least getting opinions. Do a lot of research. Don't take any decisions lightly and specially not while you are in pain. I've learned that on this board and makes tons of sense.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedix911 View Post
Sorry to see you in here so young. Everyone that mentioned the better eating habits is spot on. I'd particularly stay away from any grains/legumes period. Gluten isn't the only cause of leaky gut and celiac disease the lectins abundant in all grains/legumes (there's a contradiction to what the surgeon general recommends go figure lol) If at all posible mix in some grass fed meats and add some Omega3s to your diet. I'd say 5g a day alon with 2000 units of vitamin D. Nutrition is very complicated and when you start reading and researching you are awed by how screwed up our system is. May I say GMOs, pesticides, meats that are only fed a grain diet? Guess what all of this throws off the balance of omega 3 to omega 6s in your body and when you add insulne resistance to it alone with sleep patterns and the. Wrong type of stressors it become a time bomb. Yes the answer is in the eating habits. I don't like to call it Diet bc anything we eat is part of our diet wether it is good or bad. Lifestyle changes are in order for those of us with these types of issues. While it will not solve the problem it will make easier to tolerate. On another note it is ultimately your decision but I'd seriously consider asking overseas and at least getting opinions. Do a lot of research. Don't take any decisions lightly and specially not while you are in pain. I've learned that on this board and makes tons of sense.
I'd like to add to this that you ought to change what the word "diet" means in your vocabulary. To me, it means "the way one eats", rather than "a method of denying oneself certain types of food for a short period of time in order to reach an end goal".

And firemedix is right. Do your research. Do so much research you know more than your doctors. That way, when one of them makes some BS statement like "any disc'll do ya", you know that is probably not the best doctor for you. (Hint: Discs are not all created equal.)
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 PM

Default taking the plunge

Well I have decided to take the plunge! I scheduled my 3 level (possibly 4 level, will discuss with the dr but I'm hoping for just 3) Lumbar replacement with Dr. Clavel on May 15th. I have also decided to take Lillyth's advice and as of tomorrow morning I am going gluten free.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 PM

All very good decisions mate. Good luck.
-L5-S1 Broad-based posterior disc herniation/annular rupture superimposed on a circumferential disc bulge with impression on the anterior the cal sac and the lateral recess bilaterally compressing the descending nerve roots. Mild bilateral foraminal stenosis.
-L2-L3 1cm herniation and early DDD signs asymptomatic.