ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:35 AM

Hello everyone,
I am about to submit a large file of info. to my insurance company, and I'm looking for a little help from "my friends."

My husband is having surgery in Feb. and our insurance company called us and suggested we submit as much paperwork as we can, BEFORE his surgery, so they can make the best judgement on if they'll pay. (I'm up to 140 pages!)

I have to mail it by early next week, but I was wondering if anyone that has been approved has an Approval Letter that they could email/fax me? Even if you couldn't get it to us by next week, we'll take it, because we plan to go through the whole appeals process.

At this point, I'll take one from any insurance company, for any number of levels.

Thank you in advance. I'll be more than happy to help anyone else who is compiling such a folder.

snagli@sbcglobal.net

Kim A.
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
Prodisc Surgery on 2/22/07 Dr. Yue
Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Bailey,
Thanks for agreeing to send me your letter! It's so kind of you. We see that you will be in good hands with your surgery. 2/19 will be here in no time. (You will be checking out of the hospital just as we're checking in!)

Kim
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM

Kim,
My husband is also seeing Dr. Yue. He needs a bi-level done on the same discs, we are having a hard time getting this approved. Is there any help you can give me? I'd be very interested in what you have to say. look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Cathyjp,
I haven't been checking in here as regularly, as my husband is back to living life again. However, we are still very much in the process of fighting for reimbursement from HealthNet on his two level procedure. As a matter of fact, we are currently awaiting a decision on our first level appeal. They have two and a half more weeks to give us an answer. This round, I followed an outline that has been circulated here, which was so helpful. My appeal was just short of 200 pages. This sounds daunting, but keep in mind that the bulk of that was just Dean's medical records. It was really not bad to put the file together. I'd be happy to share my info. with you and can do so here or through reg. email. I wouldn't have been able to do what I did without the help of the people here, and would like to return the favor.

snagli@sbcglobal.net

-Kim
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM

kim

If you should get this message I would really like to speak to you. You can email me

cjporcello@cox.net

thanks,

cathyjp