ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Default Hello from London UK.

My signature says most of what I need to say. I am waiting to be seen at The Royal National Orthopaedics Hospital by a surgeon I saw named on this forum, which is why I joined.
Have been in pain for 6 years and the song is right, the drugs dont work.
My back goes in very severe spasm episodes which can last for hours and I know not even 30mgs of diazepam can stop. It will carry on ripping itself to bits regardless. The diagnosis of fibromyalgia goes a long way to explain the spasmodic episodes.
My hypermobility is classed as extreme... I can put my ankle behind my neck and have joints that dislocate freely so I am pretty well tired of being told to do core strengthening exercises because no amount of muscle will change the structure of my body. Its like a bag of spanners. When I sustained my original injury I was extremely muscular after 20 years in the social care sector and that did not do anything to prevent it and a very lengthy rehab program led to a plateau from which I have gradually declined.
I have been given differing opinions and prognoses regarding treatment of my spine problems and consider myself blessed to have a chance to be seen by the UKs finest...
I will read with interest others case histories and outcomes and hope to find some education in those for my own future choices and decisions.
Thank you.
sequestered fragment, 2 disc prolapses, right side impingement and encroachment of sciatic nerve (L2-3), left side impingement (L3-4) plus disc bulge at L4-5, large Schmorls nodules (T11-12), extreme hypermobility.... and a partridge in a pear tree.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 AM

My condolences on being here. I hope you find lots of helpful information while you are waiting for your appointment.

06/2012- Successful ADR surgery for C4/C5 disc in Cyprus using PCM by NuVasive. Performed by Dr. Mark Peterson through the help of AIMIS.

09/2012- Successful Disctectomy of L5/S1also performed by Dr. Mark Peterson.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Glad you found the forum-I've learned more on here than from several doctors!

When is your appointment? Keep us posted and you are in my prayers!
C5 ruptured
C6 Bulge
7/2011 epidural that caused a "fragment to present itself"
10/2011 C5-C6 Foraminotomy & removal of fragment
Positive for left-sided Hoffman's reflex
Effacement of anterior spinal artery