ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-06-2005, 02:22 PM

I'm waiting to file the law suit for right now. Here is some info from my attorney's research:

She says that Medicare is going to come out with their official position on ADR this October. Even though the Charite has FDA approval, what Medicare does with it is critical. If it is positive and Medicare includes ADR services, this should seal things up. Either insurance companies will then start doing them or there will be a very good case against them in court for people that are good ADR candidates.

Brady
Old 07-07-2005, 07:43 AM

And we've got loads of members ready to sign up for that class action suit!

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:03 AM

My understanding from a surgeon is that medicare pays for the surgery but only reimburses the disk at the rate of fusion cages, so the hospital has to absorb a $10,000 loss. The surgeon will do the operation I think because he still gets a normal medicare surgeons rate but the hospital will not.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:06 PM

Hope for a positive stand coming from Medicare this October. It should be a big boost if it is. If they take a negative stand on it, that will be very bad.

I think it would be helpful to know who and how many people are waiting on their insurance for ADR and what the insurance company is. If law suits were going to be filed it would be good for each specific insurance company to know how many law suits it could be facing and how many they would have to fight if they chose not to change or settle.

I would be willing to put together the list of people waiting on Cigna if the Cigna members out there would send me their name, address, and phone number. I would not give it out to anyone. I would just let my attorney know the numbers and this info could be used in the future to help those starting law suits or maybe it would help start a class action law suit.

Brady
Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 PM

It was either Dr. Regan's assistant or Dr. Bray's assistant told me that an additional problem is that the hospitals won't accept any ADR Medicare patients, even if you could get the Doctor's part approved. At least that is true of Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles.