ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-06-2005, 12:50 PM

Well my new life is 7 weeks old and I am back to injoying life agian. I am trying to get getting 1 1/2 years of a honey do finished and swimming in the pool as much as possible. I went to Greenfield Village & the Henry Ford Museum last friday and walked for five hours with no pain. Eight weeks ago I could not stand for five minutes. I am still on the pain patch and I do have pain if I do not use it, I also have really strange jitters and am n ot able to sit still or sleep if I stop using it, has any one else noticed anything like this? Thak you all for your support and sorry for being so long with out checking in.
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 PM

Hi, you might find the jitters is a bit of "Withdrawl from the Meds". I`m not sure how you sort this out in the USA.

Well done with your recovery - - -try and ease back into life a bit more gently maybe
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 07-06-2005, 10:45 PM

Hi Dave,

So great to hear how much you can do in such a short period of time. Take it slow and the meds are helping you right now. When you�re in pain your stressed and it makes it harder to heal. You are not very far out and fused as well big big surgery! Look forward to more updates.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 07-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

Wowww, Awesome! 5 hours of walking and no back pain~ and 7 weeks postop~ what a dream!!!
Congrats!!! Super Congrats!!! Watch out, here comes a ton of Honey Do make up time~ gotta love that you can actually do it tho! take it easy and let everything heal well~
Re the jitters and such, sounds like a bit of withdrawl~ don't try to withdraw yourself too quickly, and if you're going to do this, work with your PM or whatever doc is prescribing to wean down slowly. Also there are other medications that can help with w/d process if and when it is needed. For now it sounds like you need to heal~ just try not to overdo or set yourself back with a big flareup from Overdoing~
Old 07-07-2005, 06:15 AM

Great news and keep it up!

Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 AM

Yeah, Dave!!!! Glad to hear you're doing so well on the other side now! Hooray!

Yup; it's withdrawal... Had the same thing myself from Percocets and, like you, didn't know what it was until my wife pointed out the fact of withdrawal. I don't know anthing about "The Patch" but is there any way you can reduce it's strength by cutting part of it off? I agree that you ought to be seeking professional help to "get off the meds" as appropriate. Some people here have gone cold turkey with no problems and some people have had the devil of a time getting off the meds, so you need to have yourself evaluated, I would think, to determine what might be best for you.

"Honey Do"? Is that something you play with in the pool or is that "husbandly duties" (or both)? Never heard that phrase before.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned

Rein... FYO..."Honey, can you please do this and honey can you please do that?" (thus Honey Do) which of course may turn into something else if honey doesn't do...
Old 07-08-2005, 04:45 AM

Congratulations Dave!

I'm so thrilled for you! It is definitely withdrawal. I too was on the patch. What strength are you on? If it is a 25, they have a 12.5 strength you might want to try. I began leaving them on longer than the 72 hours, but changing them before the pain got away from you. Cutting them won't work because the fentanyl will leak without the sealed edges. You may have to use some breakthrough meds in between changes. Try to get on the lowest dose possible if you aren't already there. For now, enjoy the no pain. However, it will be easy to overdo it when you feel no pain, so be careful. Enjoy your new life!

Best wishes,
Linda

10-02 - ProDiscs L4/5 and L5/S1 - FDA study - disks placed incorrectly which
caused problem at L3/4 and L2/3
01-05 - ProDiscs at C5/6 and C6/7 in Germany - seems to be working fine so far
Bedbound from 09-06 until 10-08 due to severe pain and weakness
09-08 - Had Fibrin sealant done at L3/4 and L2/3 After 6 weeks - much success!
Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan
can be indefinitely postponed
Old 07-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Dave, I am glad you are doing well! Thanks for checking in! Sounds like your friends here got you covered on your question about jitters...

Take it slow!

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 07-12-2005, 11:03 PM

Thanks everyone, I will be careful but it is good to be able to live agian!!!
87 Lam 88 Lam no help. 11/12/04 was told I needed fusion at 2 levels L4/5 & S1/5, ADR Surgery date was 5/13/2013 with Dr. Bertagnoli had fusion on S1/L5 and ADR on L5/L4. it is now 8 years post surgery and do not even take an aspirin for my back.