ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:21 AM

For those AOL'ers having problems: It is possible that you have your email configured to disallow those whom you have not specifically enabled. Read through your mail controls and instructions to make sure that is not the issue.

Years of pain, discectomy, research into anatomy, hardware, clinical trials, facilities, surgeons, techniques, insurance. Attempts at ProDisc, Activ-L trials. Now, low bone density. D'oh!!!

At 61 years, no longer qualifying for trials due to my age (chronological, not physical or mental).

2009 - Working on improving bone density or getting rich so I can go to Germany, where medicine and insurance have gone beyond the Stone Age.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 PM

i am 6 weeks post 3 level lumbar adr. everyone's best bet for contact is to use the email for anita. she was extremely helpful when i was making my plans to go over. the dr's are extremely busy and it usually took up to a week for them to answer. also, if you are looking at flying business class, check out priceline.com as i found business class tickets 50% off without having to bid. feel free to contact me for any more info
Old 07-18-2006, 06:49 AM

Isn't it great that Ms. Peludat logged in to our forum and gave us that insight into the challenges of surgery scheduling with ProSpine? I feel better knowing that there are real, live human beings over there who are aware of my case and working as hard as possible to meet my needs as well as those of other patients in similar situations.

I would add that I personally have had excellent luck using Global Patient Network for my film reviews with ProSpine. The service is not for everyone, but I find it less stressful to let someone else worry about software compatibility and image storage so that I can concentrate on accurate pain journaling, symptom presentation, etc. Because my online profile is so easy to read and understand, I think that Dr. Fenk-Mayer is better able to assess my situation and give prompter feedback. Of course, this is just my own personal experience as a c5/c6 Prodisc patient.

Best luck to everyone on your upcoming surgeries and recoveries.

Laura
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 07-20-2006, 02:25 PM

I too have hired Mark ******* with Global Patient Network, and my experience has been very positive. He offered the extra technical support that I wanted, he was very available by telephone, and I got the feeling that he had more access to Dr. Zeegers which was important to me. As a single person going through this surgery (leave for Germany this Sunday!) I really valued having a liaison and it really helped me in my decision-making process. Mark also had good insight and information into more subtle areas about ADR, such as bone cement vs. Cortoss, keel vs. no keel, etc. Right now he is trying to help me get a Letter of Medical Necessity from the doctor...again, better access.

Good luck to all those preparing for surgery!

Fiddle
Closed Thread