ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:29 AM

I am in the midst of scheduling surg with Dr. B from Germany,(C-4,5 ADR- had previous 2 level fusion in US-sick of waiting for FDA exemption application since Aug. 05) heard from Dr.Fenk-Mayer just this past Sun. on email, and have been frustrated with how long it takes to get responses from them.
Am worried about getting airline reservations (envoy class) in enough advance. What has everyones experience been with timing? Dr. Fenk-Mayer said she forwarded my schedule request to schedule person- I would love to call there and talk to this person but have no idea who to talk to or what phone number is for that matter. I would appreciate any words of wisdom or advice as I am anxiously awaiting this surgical trip.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

I would talk with Anita Peludat directly. She is the International Patient Coordinator for Dr. Bertagnoli--she is an invaluable tool in arranging the preliminary evaluation, the surgery, aftercare, etc.

She can be contacted at this email address:

patient-affairs@pro-spine.com

Drs. Bertagnoli and Fenk-Mayer are extremely busy and this is why contact with Anita is priceless--she streamlines the process.

I know Dr. Bertagnoli had to rearrange some of his schedule as there was an "emergency case" that came his way last week from a referring surgeon.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to contact me via email or private message.

Justin
Old 02-23-2006, 09:27 PM

I too have been having communication problems the past 2 weeks. No response from Anita.

The schedule person is Mrs. Hien. But I wouldn't worry too much - they'll probably give you about 2 months' notice and if you want more, ask for it.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:41 AM

I was contacted in early Dec 04 by Dr F-M that my surgery was scheduled for Jan 14 05. I had already transferred Marriott points to BA miles and it wasn't a problem to book a Business Class flight. My parents also had little problems booking flights on Delta.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:53 AM

Ann F,
Can you tell me about your Germany experience from your ADR at C6,7 from Dr. B. in Jan. 05??
Any helpful hints or suggestions??
Which hotel did you/family member stay and was your surg at Bogen?
I have seen not many members have only 1 level ADR Cervical done. Anita P. told me that 1 level is a piece of cake compared to some that have had several done.
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:02 AM

hi Blondy,

I'll be a one-level cervical ADR case (C5-C6) and am in the middle of talks with Dr Fenk-Mayer. I have been contacted by Anita Peludat, but the response time is pretty slow here too so I wouldn't worry too much.

Trace
Old 02-24-2006, 09:04 AM

Another thing--Fortitude, do you have an AOL address? Anita Peludat wrote and told me she was having problems sending mail to AOL users.

Trace
Old 02-25-2006, 09:46 AM

BlondyK,
I'll email you with Bogen info, but I think there is lots about it in the article library.
Dr Yue suggested I set up a hotmail account since I have an aol address and it is difficult to comunicate with aol over there. Donno why, when I was over there, it was very easy to email friends and family with aol.
Ann
Old 03-01-2006, 10:23 AM

Dear Everyone,

This is Anita Peludat, International Patient Coordinator for Dr. Bertagnoli. It was suggested to me by a patient I read this thread.

I am so very aware of a lot of frustration with scheduling and the wait for answers. I remember just over a year ago waiting for my husbands three level surgery date and we thought we would go insane because he was desperate, out of work, and in excruciating neuropathic pain no pain meds could even touch. Waiting even a day was too long. We could not imagine anyone at Pro-Spine had anything better to do than to schedule my husbands surgery.!

Now I am on the other side and I see the lives and schedules of all involved, including Dr. Bertagnoli, Dr.Fenk-Mayer and Mrs. Hien. They have all the family responsibilities and scheduling issues we all have. I truly have never seen a more devoted group of health care professionals all consumed by their work.

This is truly our code here at Pro-Spine; to work hard and devotedly for the patients and always strive to improve. Dr. Bertagnoli's pioneering work in motion preservation science through the years stands as proof.

Unfortunately, life happens to us also and the time period of late has been filled with emergency cases, my own auto accident, (I'm OK, my trusty little German, "vacuum cleaner" saved my bacon along with my seatbelt) and Dr. Bertagnoli's ever increasing reputation and expertise of being undaunted by every possible difficult(and time consuming) case.

He truly is the only European that never takes a holiday...this is his passion and his mission in life and many patients have benefited from his vision.

We do thank you and care about your concerns and complaints, that is why he hired me last year;I am here ....to expedite things, to remain in contact and to let you know you have an english speaking friend here.

Keep communicating with us, we are listening with a compassionate ear and working hard to serve you and earn your trust.

Yours respectfully,

Anita Peludat
International Patient Coordinator
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli
Dr. Andrea Fenk-Mayer
Bio-active bone cement used at all three levels in Germany after osteoporosis was discovered in OR. (false negative bone densit
Old 03-01-2006, 09:55 PM

Dear Anita:
Thank you for writing a response.
I feel like I need to apologize to you. The day after I posted the initial message (2/22/06 wrote message)the next day- on 2/23, I received a email with the surg. date. Yes, I was frustrated with the situation. I was just trying to find out what others experience was so I posted a question. I greatly appreciate what you have done so far in my surgery process and I am truly sorry if I have hurt you in any way. I have heard many wonderful things about what you do for the patients and I keep reading many positives about Dr. B and staff.
Unfortunately I have been experiencing a steady increase in pain/discomfort and this also adds to frustration in these situations of trying to be patient.
I appreciate the many questions you have already answered and hope you realize how valuable you are to so many of us "english"!
Thanks again,
Kris
Closed Thread