ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:32 AM

My prayers go out to you Renee. I can understand the frustration you are going through. I am sending positive vibes your way.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 08-16-2014, 05:54 PM

Sent you a PM Renee, hang in there - there is light at the end of the tunnel
Un-diagnosed til 09. (Cannot sit)
Low back pain mild until 2011 - pull started a generator from knees.
rhizotomy Nov 2011 - zilch
Facet joint inj. 18 mo. (no impact)
Can only stand/walk for approx. 30 min
21 hrs/day in bed
L3-5 Activ-Ls (April 2014) Dr Zeegers - walk every day, swim 3 x week. Pain free, no pain meds. Extremely pleased with my decision
Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 PM

Well, I just had another cervical MRI and it appears that not only my C5, 6, 7 and L5-S1 are protruding, turning and degenerated I have nerve root damage in the C3-4. The MRI went to my family doctor since he ordered it as I only had original a Lumbar MRI and Cervical x-rays. My surgeon has been waiting for the disc to arrive but hasn't gotten it yet. They claimed they mailed it on Aug 14th. They mailed another one today so hoping he'll have it by tomorrow or Thursday since it's in Colorado.

If I need a Tri-level ADR They will have to send a new request to Tricare for approval. This is making me sick since it took three appeals to get the original request approved. My doc's think they will approve it because the third outside party reversed the decision for a multi-level ADR so hoping this will be quick and easy so I can start prepping and getting ready for surgery right after my cruise in the beginning of October.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM

Default Second Opinion from Dr. Ritter-Lang

Great news! I received an email from Dr. Ritter-Lang in Berlin and he didn't see an issue with the C3-4 and make all the same recommendations thus far as my surgeon here in Colorado. Looks like my surgeon will be in agreement and I will be scheduling my surgery soon.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:58 AM

Thumbs up Outstanding!!!

That's outstanding CB!! Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado babe View Post
Great news! I received an email from Dr. Ritter-Lang in Berlin and he didn't see an issue with the C3-4 and make all the same recommendations thus far as my surgeon here in Colorado. Looks like my surgeon will be in agreement and I will be scheduling my surgery soon.
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis
Old 08-28-2014, 03:17 PM

Surgery date is October 20th! Couldn't come soon enough.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:53 PM

Thumbs up Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado babe View Post
Surgery date is October 20th! Couldn't come soon enough.

This is outstanding. I am very happy for you. I am a veteran's widow. Tricare is my secondary. I am hoping they can come through for me, too. Some day. It won't be today or anytime soon. So, I have decided to just suffer, so I am up an moving and cleaning. I will pay immensely for it but I need to get used to it. I must get used to this again.
I can do it!!
Mild bilateral facet hypertrophy C2-C6 and with severe posterior osteophyte complex from C2-3/C5-6. Herniations at C3 to C5-6 with severe bilataral foramimal and canal stenosis at C4-5/C5-6 contacting cord. SURGEON REPORT: Moderate to severe cord compression C4-5/C5-6. Flattening cord at C4-5 Severe narrowing of the C5 nerve root. Cord is compressed, forced against lamina. C4-5/C5-6 worst. ADR suggested at C3-4, C4-5 and C5-6 Associated Diagnoses: Brachial Neuritis
Old 09-02-2014, 09:52 PM

Default Sorry It's Taken So Long

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Sorry for the delayed reply!

When was your accident? Can you tell us more about your spinal health, and/or your radiology report?