ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 09-30-2015, 03:12 PM

Thumbs up The Naturopathic Approach

Randolf,

I have done multiple things to improve my health. I started using a product called SilaLive: https://www.silalive.com/ along with drinking 64 - 90 ounces of purified water a day. It's really important to take a good probiotic when using Silalive and it's important to drink lots of water! Silalive really helps to reduce my pain levels. After a week of doing that, I started a colonic series. I'll talk to you privately about that if you want more information on it because there is a lot of information that goes with it. (Send me a PM if you want to talk.) The woman that gives me the colonics, introduced me to a product line that is not cheap but, the quality is excellent. Here's a link to their website. https://healthforce.com/cleansing-detoxification Their products can be purchased at other websites too. The SilaLive is a cleanse plus much more, which I intend to take for the rest of my life. I am truly impressed with the benefits I have received from it. I saw improvements in my health within one week of taking it so, I'm sold on it. I know that it's helping me inside because I can see the improvement on the outside of my body, plus, my pain is less.

I have seen a big improvement in my skin, have more energy, less pain and am eliminating well again. Even after being off the pain meds for a month, my body was still not regular and nothing I was doing helped. I felt terrible! After seeing my doctor multiple times and going to urgent care all in one month, I gave up on western medicine and went back to the naturopathic route. I know a lot about it and it's served me well over the years. My primary care is a D.O. She agreed that it might be the best course for me to take since she had not been able to diagnose my problem and find a solution.

The reason I decided to do all this is because I thought about going to the clinic in Mexico that Harrison went to this year. They wanted $12,000 for a two week stay that included an organic diet, colonics, IV therapy and stem cell injections. While I agree with their methods, I decided to handle the diet and cleansing part at home for a fraction of the cost and see where that lead. I may still do the stem cell injections in the future but, want to see how I feel in a few months after I have cleansed my body some more of drugs, heavy metals, toxins and parasites. I still want to do the Liver and Candida cleanse too. (I think it's important to be as healthy as possible when getting stem cell injections to optimize the results.) I've also been drinking Vitamin C infused water during the day. (I add Vitamin C crystals to the Silalive to make it more palatable.) I thought about getting chelation therapy and vitamin IV treatments but, haven't needed to go that route. What I'm doing is already making a huge difference. I've had to approach this systematically and give my body the time it needs to heal. I don't and didn't want to create a healing crisis from detoxing too fast. It took many years for me to get really sick from all the drugs I was given so, seeing such an improvement in just six weeks is really encouraging. I am really grateful to not be spending everyday in bed anymore!

The last thing I've been doing is getting near infrared light treatments everyday. I bought a set up for my home. It allows me to treat specific areas that hurt and helps to relieve some of my pain.

I hope this information helps you and anyone else that stumbles upon it.

Cynlite
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 10-01-2015, 11:53 AM

thanks i'm going to look into at least some of it. My ND does a lot of what you mentioned, right now though, my efforts are to get adr in my lower back as it has turned bad in a big way for the worse. and i'm giong to get adr in my neck at the same time if i can afford it. definitely going to do some cleansing of some sort after the surgery. thanks again
2007 mri revealed all but 2 discs of entire spine are either bulged, some torn, a few herniated and compressing foramenal nerves or chord c3-4 fusion. myelomalacia at 2 levels, facet arthropathy, spinal and foramenal stenosis, yadda, yadda...
Old 10-01-2015, 03:51 PM

Sorry to hear that you have gotten worse. I sure understand that story unfortunately. I'm still trying to puzzle out how to get ADR's in my neck still too. BTW, I recommend that you take a really good probiotic now to strengthen your immune system prior to surgery.

I want to tell everyone about SilaLive but, not everyone will listen LOL. I think it would be a good product to try now too.

Good luck and let me know if you get your surgery scheduled.
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 10-08-2015, 07:46 PM

Default Yogurt

Active Cultured Yogurt, and lots of fruits and veggies, if you have trouble still, try some prunes, I know it sounds bad but it works.

Lose the gut.

Keep the body working, you eat three times a day, going to the bathroom should not be such taboo, it is only natural, and most mammals go during or just after eating..., it is in response to eating, a natural response.

At any rate, good luck and your in good hands.

Just worked my back, the hardest I have done since surgery, I bowled three games, sore, but I really like it,

L2-3 herniation, two days before Thanksgiving, 2012, Discectomy/Laminectomy, 3/13 Numbness in the right leg, lateral femoral, gone, July 10, 2014 L45 M6 ADR, July 15 PLIF L5-S1, Not able to access L51 Anterior.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:24 PM

Exclamation Metal Allergy Blood Test Update

I know I am allergic to some metals because of my body's reaction to jewelry over the years.

10 months ago in preparation for neck surgery, I paid $400 for a metal allergy blood test from NeuroScience aka Pharmasan Labs. I chose them because they supposedly conduct the MELISA test which is supposed to be the superior metal allergy blood test. (I now believe the MELISA test may be a marketing ploy but, that's another discussion.) Their report did not come back as expected with ranges and a graph as seen in the MELISA test material posted online. All it said was "Positive" or "Negative." I was very disappointed with the report and also frustrated because it put a stop to my surgery plans.

Several weeks ago, I sent my blood out for the metal allergy blood test by Orthopedic Analysis. It costs close to $600 and after fighting my insurance company, I lost the appeal for them to pay for it. Their test results did not agree with the Pharmasan Labs results but, still showed that I am very sensitive to many metals specifically, the metals in the Mobi-C, aluminum and nickel. I am inclined to believe Orthopedic Analysis' report over Pharmasan Labs. Pharmasan Labs' customer service is terrible and they refused to discuss their tests and give ranges to me. It was quite a battle with them. Since I already have Titanium in my body, it also made me question their results. Lastly, please note the lawsuit mentioned later.

Orthopedic Analysis' report showed that I am not allergic to Titanium which is good because the M6-C is made up of 90% Titanium. Fortunately, Orthopedic Analysis' report showed I have a sensitivity to aluminum at a very low level. The cut off is 2 and I had a 2.1. so, that's not perfect but, not terrible. The M6-C is 6% aluminum. I am also not allergic to Vanadium which makes up the remaining 4% of the M6-C.

Pharmasan Labs tests for Titanium Chloride and Titanium Dioxide. Their report came back that I had a positive reaction to Titanium Chloride. I believe that Titanium Chloride is a liquid and really not a good way to measure a Titanium metal sensitivity. I spoke to a PhD in Immunology at Orthopedic Analysis who brought up the point about Titanium Chloride not being useful for these purposes and then told me they use very fine Titanium particles ground up from the metal which makes much more sense to me. They do this because Titanium does not come in a liquid form and apparently, they don't think a test using Titanium Chloride provides the information we patients need in preparing for surgical implants.

I had to approach my problem from a different angel. I have two Titanium screws in my body (in vivo for 25 years.) I will see an Orthopedic Knee Surgeon on Tuesday to get his diagnosis regarding any allergy I might have to Titanium. He will review my knee MRI, knee X-rays, metal allergy blood test and do a physical examination to verify that I am not allergic to Titanium. Note, he was the only knee surgeon in the metro area I could find that is knowledgeable about metal allergies. He is the doctor that ordered the blood test from Orthopedic Analysis as he had used this Lab in the past. This has been a frustrating and difficult problem to figure out because there are no standard processes in place in the U.S. to determine metal allergies to implants. Most surgeons ignore it and doctors including allergists know little about it. I also taped a piece of the metal Spinal Kinetics uses in the M6-C to me for four days and didn't develop a rash. Keep in mind that skin testing is not a good substitute for in vivo. It is just another piece of the puzzle. I was even told by the PhD in Immunology that allergies in vivo could be different in different parts of the body. In the end, as a patient, we just have to gather the evidence and assess our probability of rejecting the implant because of a metal allergy. There is no defined path to finding the answer.

The end of 2015, NeuroScience and Pharmasan Labs were sued by the U.S. government for medicare billing fraud. It makes me wonder about their internal control measures. Since I had a bad experience with them and received a pretty much useless report from them, I do not recommend using this Lab. I do recommend Orthopedic Analysis. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...lower-lawsuit/

This post provides information that took me many months to figure out while I have struggled in pain. I hope this information will help others so they don't have to go through the expense and suffering that I have experienced. If you find my post useful, please consider donating whatever you can afford to the Arthroplasty Patient Foundation. Harrison has been reaching out in another thread for support to keep this website alive and so far only two of us have donated. I'm sure he would be happy with any amount big or small because it all adds up. He needs the money to pay for the monthly charges associated with keeping this website online! Please pay it forward. Thank you. https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13386

P.S. I wrote another long post on this thread on Page 17 regarding metal allergies last year. This post is a follow up to that post.

Last edited by Cynlite; 04-30-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Thank you for sharing a wealth of information, Cynlite. OMG, you are a tireless researcher and excellent writer!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 05-01-2016, 07:59 PM

I think I'm reading that you actually might be a candidate now for the M6? That is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynlite View Post
I know I am allergic to some metals because of my body's reaction to jewelry over the years.

10 months ago in preparation for neck surgery, I paid $400 for a metal allergy blood test from NeuroScience aka Pharmasan Labs. I chose them because they supposedly conduct the MELISA test which is supposed to be the superior metal allergy blood test. (I now believe the MELISA test may be a marketing ploy but, that's another discussion.) Their report did not come back as expected with ranges and a graph as seen in the MELISA test material posted online. All it said was "Positive" or "Negative." I was very disappointed with the report and also frustrated because it put a stop to my surgery plans.

Several weeks ago, I sent my blood out for the metal allergy blood test by Orthopedic Analysis. It costs close to $600 and after fighting my insurance company, I lost the appeal for them to pay for it. Their test results did not agree with the Pharmasan Labs results but, still showed that I am very sensitive to many metals specifically, the metals in the Mobi-C, aluminum and nickel. I am inclined to believe Orthopedic Analysis' report over Pharmasan Labs. Pharmasan Labs' customer service is terrible and they refused to discuss their tests and give ranges to me. It was quite a battle with them. Since I already have Titanium in my body, it also made me question their results. Lastly, please note the lawsuit mentioned later.

Orthopedic Analysis' report showed that I am not allergic to Titanium which is good because the M6-C is made up of 90% Titanium. Fortunately, Orthopedic Analysis' report showed I have a sensitivity to aluminum at a very low level. The cut off is 2 and I had a 2.1. so, that's not perfect but, not terrible. The M6-C is 6% aluminum. I am also not allergic to Vanadium which makes up the remaining 4% of the M6-C.

Pharmasan Labs tests for Titanium Chloride and Titanium Dioxide. Their report came back that I had a positive reaction to Titanium Chloride. I believe that Titanium Chloride is a liquid and really not a good way to measure a Titanium metal sensitivity. I spoke to a PhD in Immunology at Orthopedic Analysis who brought up the point about Titanium Chloride not being useful for these purposes and then told me they use very fine Titanium particles ground up from the metal which makes much more sense to me. They do this because Titanium does not come in a liquid form and apparently, they don't think a test using Titanium Chloride provides the information we patients need in preparing for surgical implants.

I had to approach my problem from a different angel. I have two Titanium screws in my body (in vivo for 25 years.) I will see an Orthopedic Knee Surgeon on Tuesday to get his diagnosis regarding any allergy I might have to Titanium. He will review my knee MRI, knee X-rays, metal allergy blood test and do a physical examination to verify that I am not allergic to Titanium. Note, he was the only knee surgeon in the metro area I could find that is knowledgeable about metal allergies. He is the doctor that ordered the blood test from Orthopedic Analysis as he had used this Lab in the past. This has been a frustrating and difficult problem to figure out because there are no standard processes in place in the U.S. to determine metal allergies to implants. Most surgeons ignore it and doctors including allergists know little about it. I also taped a piece of the metal Spinal Kinetics uses in the M6-C to me for four days and didn't develop a rash. Keep in mind that skin testing is not a good substitute for in vivo. It is just another piece of the puzzle. I was even told by the PhD in Immunology that allergies in vivo could be different in different parts of the body. In the end, as a patient, we just have to gather the evidence and assess our probability of rejecting the implant because of a metal allergy. There is no defined path to finding the answer.

The end of 2015, NeuroScience and Pharmasan Labs were sued by the U.S. government for medicare billing fraud. It makes me wonder about their internal control measures. Since I had a bad experience with them and received a pretty much useless report from them, I do not recommend using this Lab. I do recommend Orthopedic Analysis. https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...lower-lawsuit/

This post provides information that took me many months to figure out while I have struggled in pain. I hope this information will help others so they don't have to go through the expense and suffering that I have experienced. If you find my post useful, please consider donating whatever you can afford to the Arthroplasty Patient Foundation. Harrison has been reaching out in another thread for support to keep this website alive and so far only two of us have donated. I'm sure he would be happy with any amount big or small because it all adds up. He needs the money to pay for the monthly charges associated with keeping this website online! Please pay it forward. Thank you. https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=13386

P.S. I wrote another long post on this thread on Page 17 regarding metal allergies last year. This post is a follow up to that post.
2012 trauma lumbar following yard work
Nov 2012 MRI Bulging discs L4,5, S1
Mild stenosis
Dec-Jan PT
Jan 2013 Discogram
Results Level 5 Annular tears L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1
Need 3 disc fusion
Facet Joints injections, March 2013- no relief
Transform.., Epidural Injections 4-23-13 Right L2-3 No relief
2nd ESI 5-14-13 L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1 No relief ugh.
ADR L3-4, L4-5, Fusion L5-S1 Fusion Dr.Blumenthal TBI July, 2013
Old 05-01-2016, 08:23 PM

Thanks Harrison

I think so Deb. I just need to jump through a few more hoops and then hope the surgeon agrees!

The RFA's I had done in February on my neck really messed me up. The procedures worked great two years in a row and then the third time this February made me much worse off. The procedure itself went really bad and I just haven't gotten better. I'm having a hard time doing everything and have to lay down a lot to get the weight off my neck. I'm trying not to get too excited prematurely but, I REALLY NEED SURGERY!!!

Last edited by Cynlite; 05-02-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:14 AM

sorry to hear the RFA's didn't work out as planned. Good news about the allergies though. If you decide, where will you go?
3 epidurals, PT, 2 MRI's,etc.
scheduled 3 times for C5-6, 6-7 fusion,
plus laminectomy at C3-4, and C 7, advised to do Bilateral lamino-foraminotomy C5-6, C6-7,a Percutaneous Discectomy L4 -L5
7/14 RFA on L3 to L5 (awake, local only)
C5-6,6-7 M-6 ADR with Dr. Clavel 9/17/14,
12/7/15 RFA L2-S1, Facet injections C2-7
6/3/16 RFA L2-S1, epidural L4,5, 8/26/16 RFA C1-7
Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 AM

Thanks Scoop. I plan to go to Dr. Clavel if he agrees. The Mobi-C is out of the question now because of the metal allergies but, honestly that was always my second choice in device and Dr. Clavel was always my first choice for the surgeon. I need three levels done in my neck and I believe he will give me my best chance of getting out of pain.