ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > International Assistance

International Assistance Any topics relating to traveling or communicating with international treatment locations are here.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:21 AM

Default Dr. Rischke patients reviews anyone?

Hello Everyone,

I have contacted Dr. Rischke in Zurich and I'm having an appointment with him in 10 days. I haven't found a lot about him in the community. Is there anyone who performed ADR surgery with Dr. Riscke. He performs 100 ADR's a year I'm a bit surprised that non of the members mentioned him.

Thank you,

Hesham
Next surgery date: 18/02/2015 with Dr. Rischke
Old 10-19-2014, 04:44 AM

Default Dr. Rischke

Did you have your visit with Dr. Rischke?
- Wife has been diagnosed with Severe Spinal Stenosis Right and Left Sides, Degenerative Disk Disease at C5/6 and C6/7, Large Osteophyte Complexes at a both levels, with C6/7 on R/H Side, and C5/6 both R/H and L/H Sides. Also Reverse Lordosis.
- Performed 2-Level ADR with M6-C by Dr. Clavel, Barcelona Spine Center on 10/15/14.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:41 PM

Hi Throttle, Apologize I just saw your message. Yes I did and it went very well I'm now working on the insurance process to perform a surgery in December.
Next surgery date: 18/02/2015 with Dr. Rischke
Old 11-12-2015, 05:54 PM

Default Dr Rischle

Can you tell me about your consultation with this Doctor?
I am interested to know the cost and if it was done over Skype or in person.
Discectomy L4,L5 2006
Reinjured 2013
Noninvasive spine decompression no lasting effect
Told 2014 that I have to live with no strength and unstable walking.
April 21,2016 Arcadius cage fusion L5-S1, L4, & M6L L3 Dr.Clavel Bacelona Spine Centre
Old 11-13-2015, 09:42 AM

i just stumbled on Dr. Rischke at the AxioMed site. evidently he is participating in a Swiss Spine Registry study of the Freedom cervical disc. He has a way cool clinic, state of the art, in a way cool place. more like a resort. as i under stand he uses the AxioMed Freedom lumbar disc too. please keep us informed how things go for you.
2007 mri revealed all but 2 discs of entire spine are either bulged, some torn, a few herniated and compressing foramenal nerves or chord c3-4 fusion. myelomalacia at 2 levels, facet arthropathy, spinal and foramenal stenosis, yadda, yadda...
Old 11-13-2015, 08:52 PM

This is quite exciting as it is also relevant to my case. Thanks for starting this conversation, Hesham.

I actually wrote to Dr Rischke a few weeks ago asking for the endplate/metal composition of Freedom disc. I am highly allergic to nickel and would like to be sure of what am letting myself in for, before I agree to any additional surgery. Yes, I am a candidate for revision surgery.

The interesting bit is, in his reply he did say the end plates are made of titanium alloy (aluminium and vanadium included). However, on the disc’s clinical trial page—candidate exclusion criteria, other metals have been specified. I have learnt that when you find cobalt and chromium together, that means nickel has also been involved in the metal mixture to give the end result extra strength and resistance to corrosion.

[ "Known or suspected allergy to titanium, polyurethane, cobalt, chromium, molybdenum or silicone" (https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01763619) ]

Good luck with your surgery and I hope you’re not allergic to any of the metals mentioned. Have you been tested? Check out MELISA.ORG if you haven’t gone through this process.

Kind regards,
Iridium1016

Double Level Artificial Disc Replacement
C 4/5, 5/6 Prodisc-C Vivo
Metal Allergy: Nickel, Iridium and Cadmium
Results from MELISA (Memory Lymphocyte Immunostimulation Assay) Lab