ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-26-2006, 03:34 AM

cat
you may want to try a tempu-pedic type mattress topper.
as it would be much cheaper then buying a whole new bed.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 09-26-2006, 05:26 AM

While certainly not cheap, I find my Celebrity Queen Tempurpedic mattress to be the most comfortable mattress that I have found.

David
Old 09-26-2006, 06:01 AM

i really like our deluxe queen tempur-pedic.
chuck
but my wife isnt as fond of it as i am.
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 09-26-2006, 06:21 AM

You guys are making the discogram sound nice. It's more like someone sticking a heated knife into your back/leg and twisting it.

It is over quickly and I felt it was worth it since it helps the doctors confirm findings. Just be prepared for the worst pain possible and hopefully it wont be that bad. I was out of work for two days afterward.

In NY they did NOT sedate me so maybe sedation is something you can push for. (As long as they get a correct diagnosis)

Wish I could sugar coat it more for ya, but you really should be prepared for a big "OWWWWWWWWW".
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 AM

Discogram: Definitely no 'walk in the park'.

Here is something I wrote (ADRSupport.org) awhile back about my discogram experiences.

David
Old 09-26-2006, 08:28 AM

Hi guys,
Thanks for the info. on the discogram and the bed. I especially enjoyed Eddie's description of the procedure. I am so looking forward to having a discogram done now. I am totally into having heated knives stuck into my back. I've been shopping around for that exact type of pain, to no avail. Ah---yea---no! Just making light of a potential painful situation. I guess it is better to know exactly what your in for before you are actually in the middle of it. I'm sorry that you (Eddie) did not receive sedation first. That seems quite cruel. Pretty sure I am going to ask for it or beg if neccessary.

I wonder if work comp will help with the cost of a new mattress? Lord knows that I can't afford it. Only having one income just made ends meet, let alone now only 2/3 minus insurance. I have already had to take out numerous loans just to cover my monthly bills. I'm sure some of you all can relate.

P.S. I was only joking Eddie. I appreciate everyone's input. This is a fabulous forum.

Ya'll have a wonderful day
*Curr
Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 AM

Hey, can any of you work comp people give me further information on how to begin the process of asking for authorization from wc for the ADR? As I mentioned previously, I have an appointment with my surgeon (who doesn't do ADRs) on Oct. 3rd to pick up my MRIs for my new pain management appt. and to discuss perhaps having ADR. Should I ask my nurse case manager about it now, or should I wait until I talk to my doc? Also, do ya'll have any idea how long the approval process takes, and does anyone know if the Maverick or Kinflex (sp) has been approved? One more thing, do any of you know whether wc would approve me going to Germany for the surgery?

Thanks in advance
Cathy
*Curr