ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:39 AM

Default R.i.p

Its hard when pets die...they provide alot of comfort ....R.I.P
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up The Rainbow Bridge

Cathy,

I received this from someone in this comunity and just wanted to share it with you and other pet owners. This one really got to me...

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Author unknown
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 08-06-2009, 09:03 PM

Default Thank You

Thank you again for your sympathy and condolances everyone.

It's now been 12 days since I lost 'Milo'. Most days are OK with the occasional meltdown here and there. It's to be expected I guess.
That little guy was with me 24/7 for 14 years so a big part of my life has altered in a huge way. There's a lot of adjusting to do now...

Harrison, thank you for sharing the Rainbow Bridge story. I found it on a site called 'Petloss Support', a site Ive been frequenting quite a lot the past 12 days. Im sure posters here who've lost a pet, no matter how long ago will also find comfort in the words.
NB: I have "crossed the rainbow bridge" on Milos ashes box.
Cathy
Maverick L4/5 Fusion L3/4
July 3 2006

Dynesys Stabilisation L4/5
Lt & Rt Facet Removal +Non-Bone Fusion L5/S1
May 26 2008
Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 AM

Dear Cathy,

I have to admit that I have not been brave enough to open your thread, even to pass on my condolences. You see, I lost my little terrier almost three years ago, and even though I have a new dog, it just isn't the same. Truth is, I knew I would melt down when I read your post, so avoided it till now. I'm so sorry.

There are still times when I think I hear his little quick footsteps behind me, as he was my shadow. He was a JR/Pom X, with short hair, so looked a little like your guy might, as I have imagined him.

Would it help it you shared some pictures of him? I would love to see him.

I ended up getting a bigger dog as we have a farm, and my husband prefers that size. But I still miss my smaller companion and my veterinarian friend suggested I get a Papillion, a big dog in a small body, but without the excess energy of a JRT. My little guy didn't inherit that not so desirable trait, thankfully. I think I'll have to get better before my dear husband is overwhelmed with two dogs, as we have a lot of other animals as well. So I may have to work on this as a longer term project.

Would looking for another feel right yet? They can never, ever be replaced, but it does help fill the awful hole you have in your heart. (At least it did for me.) I hope it may help you, especially when you could still use a special helper like so many of us in these situations.

Lots of hugs, and I'm glad you found some comforting words for his box. Again, I apologize for taking so long to respond.

L4/5/S1- Mod. narrowing, bulging disc, significant hypertrophy of flava lig.

Highly allergic to all metals.

NEW: 3/16/2010: Successful surgery in Brazil w. Dr. Pimenta; Nuvasive NeoDisc at C5/6, and XLIF & ALIF at L4/5/S1 w. PEEK cages. No rods, screws, plates. Non-metal lumbar ADR not available at present time, so went with fusion.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:45 PM

The Rainbow Bridge poem. I had someone send that to me when I had to put my precious Beagle, Peanut, to sleep in February. I still can't finish reading that poem without crying.

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure that your little one & mine are hanging out together though.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09