ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-11-2005, 08:30 PM

I'm trying to research Dynesys. (oops, previously I spelled ie Dynesis). Still only a handfull or people out there. I guess it's so successful that they go on with their lives.

After being turned down by Medicare and ultimately the hospital for a Dynesys proceedure, it was suggested that we re-submit using a title like fusion with "Pedicle screw fixation" or something like that without mentioning the word "Dynesys"

So all you US Dynesys, how did your insurance code this and did they write it off or did they get reimbursed.

Help, Help, Help!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:59 AM

Hilary, I think they use many tricks in getting procedures appoved. You wouldn't be liable I'd guess. Best, ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:50 AM

Hi Hillary,
I guess you've got to be as devious as the people who underwrite your insurance and the many doctors who call things by different names to try and confuse people. It's all tactics -- -- -- living in the UK obviously I don't know the situation with your insurance people -- -- -- I wish you luck for whatever you want to do
Cheers,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/