ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:11 PM

Any one know what the status of Activ L clinical trials is with Dr. Yue or other surgeons? Anyone scheduled for a single level Activ L yet?

Also...anyone hear anything about when FDA will approve ProDisc for 2 levels?

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 11-03-2006, 03:22 PM

All I have heard is that he will be conducting trials between Charite and Activ-L, starting sometime this month. Not sure why it isn't between Pro Disk & Activ-L, maybe FDA is choosing...Hopefully he has interested candidates on an email list and will send more info when he knows. A few people on this site have decided to get the ADR surgery in Germany and battle insurance companies to get reimbursed.

Ann
Old 11-03-2006, 09:10 PM

FYI.. I had three level lumbar ProDisc surgery with Dr. Delamarter (Los Angeles) on October 6th. I am doing well and will return to work part time on November 6th. My surgery was authorized by Aetna Insurance.

DDD for the past 10 years
3 Level ProDisc ADR on 10-06-06
Old 11-04-2006, 12:37 AM

lucky u, I am still looking for FDA approval of 2 levels to fight ins, or for 2 level activ l trials to beg. I'm not fortunate enough to have aetna.

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM

my boyfriend has been seeing dr. yue for a while now. he was hoping to get into the activ-l trial since his anthem BCBS won't pay for any ADR surgery. the trials have been pushed out a month or two at a time since april, and he's finally given up. he's scheduled for a single level pro-disc surgery in december. the change from pro-disc to charite in the activ-l trial also helped change his mind.

from what dr. yue told us, they needed to submit the paperwork for the activ-l trial and were waiting for the prodisc to get FDA approved so they could do that. they finally couldn't wait any longer & changed the comparison disk to the charite which had been FDA approved for some time.

also, a note to people who intend to fight the insurance companies. we have been fighting his for a year straight and are extremely frustrated with the way they draw things out. it doesn't hurt to start the process while you're waiting to schedule surgery. we've gotten a lot of good information from the disc manufacturing companies to use in fighting the insurance companies...prodisc people are especially helpful.

good luck to everyone.
AMB
boyfriend L5-S1 DDD
Old 11-10-2006, 08:04 PM

thanks for the update...what kind of info has prodisc provided you to fight ins?

Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 AM

The ActivL prostheses is being used at the AlphaKlinik by Dr Zeegers and has been for some time
best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/