ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:05 AM

Default Mornings are the worst

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. I have very achy hips and legs when I wake up. I can sleep on my back with a pillow under my legs, or on my sides with a pillow between legs. Actually it wakes me up. I can not get comfortable after a certain period. I get up and take a walk immediately that seems to help a little. Any suggestions to help this, and has any one experienced this? I usually have to take a pain med to help with the pain.
Had 3 sets injections October 2010 - no relief
PT - no relief
MRI - ruptured L5/S1
Pro-disc artificial replacement L5/S1
Surgery November 17, 2011
36 yr old female
Old 12-03-2011, 12:04 PM

Beaner,

I had that. The pain in my left arm would wake me up. I found that the hard window seat in the kitchen was for me the most conducive to sleep (about 2hrs per night). When the pain woke me up, I'd walk around for a few minutes and then was able to go back to sleep.

The only thing that helped me was surgery.

Good luck, Jeff
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 12-03-2011, 02:10 PM

Default hip pain

Hi Beaner, I too suffer from hip pain, especially at night and first thing in the morning.

When I sleep, I alternate one hip to the other, as well as on my back for a bit. I wake up every hour and a half and need to reposition and sometimes get up for a short walk and take meds.

The hip pain started to get much worse the last couple of months. I hope that after surgery it will get better.

Hope things ease up for you.

Karen
ADR L5/S1 Maverick L5/S1 Feb 6th 2012
Old 12-03-2011, 02:54 PM

absolutely... main difference pre and post-op is that before surgery, pain made me want to stay in bed. the first 4 weeks after surgery, it always made me want to get up and move around.

my hip pain has lingered - well more the tightness. it's causing me some foot issues that i think are coming from my gait changes and leg alignment.

just keep moving around... i found that helped the best. good luck!!
laidupdoc@gmail.com if my PM box is full

The content herein represents my professional thought and opinions in a general sense only; they do not constitute professional advice or services. if you need medical advice, please consult a licensed physician.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:52 PM

Yes i too have that and when it gets real bad i wrap my torso is a small electric blanket that i have and that seems to help relax me and settle the axhe in my hip then in turn my legs settle down .. My dr has me on ultram and mobic i take those two when i cant take it any longer and that really works

Sandra
T2T3 disc bulging 2mm
T12L1 disc bulging
L4L5 disc protrution 5mm x 15mm
L5S1 disc protrution 4mm x 22mm

Dont know how or why this has happen life in general i guess
Old 12-04-2011, 01:28 PM

I had leg/hip/ankle pains and aches until post-op week 7 (ish). Heat always helped, as well as moving. They all resolved.
http://healthyback2011.blogspot.com/