ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 AM

I'm working on appeal and plan to mention the insurance companies that have a national policy and also those that have covered at least one person. I have located several of these on this site, but it might help my case if I could mention a company that has approved a 2-level adr, since that is what I need. I think I read about one somehwere, but can't find it.
Please help.
Thanks
Old 08-10-2005, 05:25 PM

Empire Blue Cross-Blue Shield of NY ("Empire Health Choice")approved a two-level w/Dr. Regan this April.

Good luck, Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:04 PM

Thanks, that info is just what I need. I hope to get my appeal in the mail tomorrow.
Good luck to you.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:09 AM

I cant believe after all In have been through in the last 6 months that I can post this: BC/BS of Wyoming has approved my 2 level disc replacement. I am on vacation and my surgeons office tracked me down through friends to tell me. They approved a Charite for levels l4-l5 and l5-s1. They got the approval verbally on the first try. I even called to recheck, cause I didnt believe it, but its true. I am sceduled for the adr on September 12. I am the first in Wyoming to get approved by BC/BS. My husband thinks we got approved because we raised such bad publicity with the paper, senators and the insurance commisioners. I hope this isnt to late to help you with your appeal. I am not going to stop fighting for the other people out there who still need this surgery. Brenda WY
Old 08-12-2005, 04:30 PM

I am so excited for you. I just emailed my letter to a friend to get her opinion on it, so I will definitely add this info. Your surgery sounds just like what I need. So far, I know of four companies who have adopted national medical policies, and seven who have approved individuals. And now I have two cases with the two level ADR. All of this will be mentioned in my letter.

Keep me informed of your progress. I have contacted some senators and reps. Not much luck with media, but I will devote more time to them when I get the appeal in the mail (probably Monday now).

Thanks so much.
Kristi