ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:17 PM

Harrison;

I just found out that i have rheumatoid arthritis. It started about 3 months ago. I know it has to do with the meningitis that i had twice within 3 years and with the 3 annular tears from L3-S1. There is always some kind of Bug(virus) that we seem to get no matter how much we take care of our body's.
I don't drink,smoke,or do drugs,don't even take any narcotics of any kind for my pain. I was involved in sports and weightlifting for most of my life and ate healthy foods.
It seems to me that the more healthy you are the more problems you acquire as you get older.
One thing that i noticed is i have not had a cold in several years where as before i would get one, once a year. I'm 38 yrs old and wonder what else i will get before i'm 40. Of course there are other viruses that i have caught and don't know how i got them. We just don't what is out there until we get sick.

meningitis/96,99
sep 2001/2 bulging discs/DDD/had mri. Felt pop in my back from lifting lumber at my job.
chiro from 01-03 Didn't help
year after year pain got worse
nov 2007/had mri-found 3 torn discs and DDD at level L3-S1.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Sorry about the news RJ.

Have any of your docs suggested a specific cause? Treatment? It’s strange that some docs can be very specific in terms of outlines the causes of RA; while most are happy to give you a prescription for Enbrel or Infliximab – both of which suppress the immune system. What kind of doc(s) are treating you?

There are documented cases of rheumatoid meningitis as you may know. As well, many cases of RA can be caused by a number of different pathogens; though some sources say the sources are unknown. See the first link below for multiple studies pointing to identified causes.

In the meantime, we’ve recently discussed some of the other issues about a hyper vigilant immune system – and how that may explain never getting colds; see:

Spinal Disc Disease and Myriad Causes -- Online Search Results
http://adrsupport.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7701036081/m/9...231033603#2231033603 See Liz’ and Messy Spine’s comment, March 19

Need info regarding possible ADR link to arthritis
http://adrsupport.org/eve/forums/a/t...1/m/3751065503

BTW: I have lots of information on this I can email to you on diagnostics and treatment of RA. Send me an email and I’ll forward the documents to you.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate