ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Default kyphosis between C4 and C6

Hi All,

I have a cervical compression and Kyphosis between C4 and C6. The kyphosis is 6 degrees. One surgeon says he can do a disc replacement bi-level at C4-5 and C5-6. Another surgeon says he can't because of the Kyphosis and that disc replacement is tricky. He is recommending a fusion of the two levels. He says fusion is the only way to go.

Also, I am reading on the internet that if you have kyphosis you are not a candidate for ADR.

Has anyone had a successful ADR surgery with Kyphosis?

Thank you I am getting so confused by these different opinions.
Cervical compression with clinical myelopathy with Hoffman's
Tests; MRI's, EMG/NC studies, discogram, CT scan
Pain management; tens unit, ice and heat, physical therapy, chiropratic care, and spinal epidural treatments.
Blue Cross / Blue Shield of Ohio external third party approved Pro-C ADR at C 5-6 on 4/3/13
Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 AM

I have not had surgery yet, but I bet Egoscue can help reverse your Kyphosis. (Presuming it is not the result of a congential condition). My probationer, Angi, works wonders. I used to have some kyphosis of my T-Spine, but I'm back to normal (at least there). I would imagine it is easy to do when you have all that pain, you slump, you slouch, etc., eventually its been there so long you are just kind of stuck like that. But Angi can help you out.

Two drawbacks: It is expensive, and before you get better, you will get worse. Unfortunately, the only way out it is through, but I don't regret it at all. The worst day was was one of the worst days of my life, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm off for my nightly exercises now!
Before surgery: severe spinal stenosis C5/C6 (cord "flattened" per stateside doc), + for Hoffman's & Babinsky's.
At time of surgery: 5 yrs MAX before ending up in wheelchair.
Clavel found L5-S1 partially fused. Had to cut it apart to put in M6.
Please excuse brevity - SEVERE carpel tunnel.