ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:05 PM

I think a rating system would be fantastic. How many people want to know about the doctors in the area or the ones in their health network? I knew nothing about the one I am seeing until I asked on spine health and ADR support.
I have had 4 car accidents and 2 play wrestling accidents from 1996-2003.
Diagnosed with DDD in 2005 at c5-c6-c7.
No insurance for 2 years.
November 2007, insurance! Yeah!
Trying to get into clinical studie
Old 05-07-2010, 02:24 PM

The fact of the matter is this; bad medicine is more lucrative than good medicine. It's quite easy to find out how many errors pro baseball player made in his career. Getting accurate information on MDs is impossible.

Every quack claims to be or has PR saying he's tops in his field. To be fair to doctors some take tougher cases than others.

What is important to know are the infection rate at the hospitals in which practice. 2 million Americans contract infections in hospitals every year and 60 - 100 thousand of them die. Some hospitals have almost no infections but the odds of getting an infection are at least 1 in 20. Right now only 25 states report their infection rates so deaths from infections could be much higher than 100,000.

In the case of back surgery, a failed surgery is going to net the surgeon more money than a successful one. Maybe if they didn't get paid for their screw ups they'd take the time to learn how to do it right.

The medical industry is the only industry in the world that can screw up and still get paid but not only that they get paid more. It's a fact.

The US health care system is the only unregulated industry in the world. I know it is unpopular to say but health care in the US is based on profit. US doctors are the highest paid doctors on the planet. There is a flood of foreign born doctors here and they are no here because they care about Americans. They are here for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The leading cause of death and injury in the US is its health care system.

www.MedicalHolocaust.blogspot.com
Old 05-07-2010, 05:19 PM

Oh I would love this.

With arbitration now so popular, and out-of-pocket settlements who can tell? Plus, every guild is great at CYA.

If I were a doc I would opt for arbitration as there are so many pain generators and so much that can go wrong. Our technology/knowledge base of spines imo is so limited that "failed back surgery" is more than leaving a towel after the wound is sewn.

I have had two monster doctors and have found no way to truly check up on them. For one doc I called the Chief of Nursing for the hospital and said that my doctor was utterly horrible. She said, oh, was it Dr. X? (My doctor). Funny how nurses know.. Oops, rambling.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Default Wow, time flies

Sorry Alan, for your pain. Wow, this topic is 2.5 years old. Time passes, but little has changed. Or is that too negative?! Maybe the wheels of progress are moving in the right direction...

Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate