ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 06-17-2007, 09:05 PM

Hi Everyone!
I've been really busy lately but have been popping in every once in a while to see what's been going on. I noticed that Harrison had posted on the Oprah/Moore thread asking if anyone has contacted their Senator regarding non-coverage by their insurace company. I did a google search & found a link to the US Senate that lists the Senators for the 110th Congress. If anyone is interested, here is the link.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09
Old 06-17-2007, 09:29 PM

Thanks Karin!!!!!!!!!I just contacted my two senators and included a link to Harrison's post of our insurance stories!

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 06-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Nice job, and thanks for the reminder! Senator's Kerry and Kennedy received my email --with your stories about insurance nightmares.

Nice work y'all.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM

So we have a number of people's stories submitted to Harrison...did you also send your story and our link to your state representatives?

I sent one to each of my senators in WI and one to my old senator in CA. The CA response was that they get too many emails that they only respond to current residents of their state...so we all have to do this with our own representatives.

From one of my WI senators I got a standard email response that was really about the senator's position on prescription drugs.

I had to write back informing them that their response was nonresponsive and re-explained the plight of many of our members including me with another link to the Big File.

I hope more people are trying to do something locally????

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM

I'll admit that I haven't had the chance to send a letter to my senator yet. Been really busy. I hope to get off my duff next week to work on it. Homework has to come first!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

ALIF/PLIF Fusion 1/20/09