ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:41 PM

Default ADR surgery BCBS coverd

Hi DAnn, Sorry to hear all the trouble you have had with BCBS. I guess I have been lucky with BCBS of Alaska they have been good to me covering 2 fusions one at L4-L5 then 2 years later a complete revision of L4-L5 and added S-1 into the mix all because the first doctor messed up the first fusion. Then they covered an ANS spinal coord stimulator implant. and 2 microdisectimies, then after a bad car accident they coverd 2 surgeries to revise the spinal coord stimulator.

Now to what is going on with me now in 2010-2011 I just had a multi level ADR surgery to replace L2-L3 BCBS also have payed everything associated with that. My doctor in Alaska where I live sent me to DR.Rick Delemarter and DR.Alexander Risouli at Cedars Sinai in California. the reason being is that they are the only 2 ADR doctors in the USA that have FDA waivers to perform ADR surgeries, my doctor here said since they have those waivers and that they have done more ADR surgeries than any doctors in the USA that most every insurance company will cover the ADR surgery they do. It has proved true for me, Maybe this will help you I hope so.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.If it would be easier I can talk to you and answer questions youmay have or give you contact info for doctors that did my ADR, just let me know I will give you my skype info. My ADR surgery was just a month ago on December 27th 2010 so far I think it has gone very well.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Thank you for that information norwulf. I am so sorry you have been through all that, but I'm glad insurance has covered it and that your outcome appears to be good. I will check out those doctors. I wonder why some can get a waiver and others' can't. Do you mind sharing what disc they used in your adr?
We are still learning and researching. Thank you for offering to help and skype is a great idea!
D'Ann
C6-7 disc moderately to markedly narrowed, mild retrolisthesis of c6 on c7 producing effacement of the thecal sac but no cord impingement, mild narrowing of left neural foramen;
c5-6 disc moderately narrowed, anterior and posterior disc bulge with mild anterior cord impingement;
c4-5 disc intact and normal height, potential posterior annular fissure.
Cervical hybrid surgery in Texas April 12, 2011, fusion at C6/7, Prodisc C at C5/6
Old 02-01-2011, 03:11 PM

Joey Sue and Jeff,
Thanks again for your information. Joey Sue, I hope it all works out and that your decision is the best one for your outcome. It sounds like you've done your work and that you will be in good hands. Until then, stay positive and try to enjoy the little things in life each day.

DAnn
C6-7 disc moderately to markedly narrowed, mild retrolisthesis of c6 on c7 producing effacement of the thecal sac but no cord impingement, mild narrowing of left neural foramen;
c5-6 disc moderately narrowed, anterior and posterior disc bulge with mild anterior cord impingement;
c4-5 disc intact and normal height, potential posterior annular fissure.
Cervical hybrid surgery in Texas April 12, 2011, fusion at C6/7, Prodisc C at C5/6
Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 PM

Hey Dann I am patiently waiting for my medical records to get to me in Alaska from California as soon as they do and I can read over them I will share all the information that I can. Talk to ya later.