ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:20 PM

Redheadjules,
I know, it seems to take forever sometimes. The price Dr. Clavels office gave me was in dollars. I'm waiting to hear from Dr. Pimenta who is in San Diego at the NuVasive headquarters. I just sent my cd's out on Monday which they should have received yesterday or today. So I'm hoping to hear back anytime now. Dr. Pimenta is my first choice in surgeons so I hope he ok's me. If not I might be interested in the M6 disc but wow, Dubai is way out there and kind of scary too. I would hate to be the first one to go there. I like to hear about other's who have went before me to hear their experience. Which is why this site is so great!
Keep us informed what's going on with you. Maybe we will get our surgerys around the same time and we can share "on the other side". It is scary for sure. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.
2011 - right sided transforaminal injection for sciatica and it worked, yeah!
2011- Scheduled for 2 ADR's with Dr. Rajakumar/India but cancelled until Feb. or March.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy123 View Post
The price Dr. Clavels office gave me was in dollars.
Sandy,
I'm surprised, usually they quote in Euros.
I just got a quote from Dr. B in Germany and it was for 36,408 EUR (3 level cervical ADR) not including hotel/airfare. More expensive than Clavel, but then again Germany is usually more expensive than Spain anyway.
I'm waiting to hear back from Clavel's people, it takes more time with mailings. Dr. B's office is quite easy to get in touch with at this step.
If all syncs up I am likely to choose Clavel. Keep ya posted. Any word from Dr. Pimenta?
c5-6 right ruptured disk
moderate spinal cord compression
right ostephyte
c6-7 ruptured disk, moderate cord compression and endplate osteophyte

L3-4 central disk protrusion
L5-S1 ruptured disk

3 level m6 cervical ADR with Dr. Clavel 4/12/12
2 level lumbar ADR in near future hopefully!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM

Hi Jules,
No news yet on Dr. Pimenta, I keep praying.
It's hard to wait, isn't it. So Dr. B said he could do the 3 level on you, thats great and no fusions. Well good luck to both of us that we hear back soon!
2011- Scheduled for 2 ADR's with Dr. Rajakumar/India but cancelled until Feb. or March.
Old 02-01-2012, 03:23 AM

Default hi

hmm a friend of my liz, who goes by too young to hurt like this actually had a very bad outcome with lauryssen. she had a 2 level ADR.
2011-diagnosed with two level DDD L4-L5 L5-S1
2011-ESI performed then 2 level disectomy/lami
12/11: Diagnosed with spinal infection. Currenly on antibiotics (ivy). changes in mri due to infection. rushed to the hospital. got surgical drainage and a laminectomy at l5 and another partial laminectomy at l4.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 PM

srajan, hi how are you feeling since your operation? Did your infection go away? I hope you feel better.
What happened or what went wrong with your friend operation? It's always interesting to hear what type of things go wrong with adr. There is always risk, thats for sure.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 AM

Default hi

hey hmm well liz, i think she had a lot of other issues. i couldn't figure out but she was always complaining and her pain level was around 8/10. dr. lauryssen gave her an ADR and then noticed later that she had a small hairline fracture.

ps. i noticed you almost had a ADR with dr. rajakumar? how did you come across to him? i heard he was the best indian surgeon in india? i am going to him in india to have a discussion regarding treatment of spinal infections since thats his area of forte...
12/11: Diagnosed with spinal infection. Currenly on antibiotics (ivy). changes in mri due to infection. rushed to the hospital. got surgical drainage and a laminectomy at l5 and another partial laminectomy at l4.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 AM

Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy123 View Post
srajan, hi how are you feeling since your operation? Did your infection go away? I hope you feel better.
What happened or what went wrong with your friend operation? It's always interesting to hear what type of things go wrong with adr. There is always risk, thats for sure.
i am feeling allright. i mean definitely not the infection pain. i am feeling more of the disc pain. cant seem to sit properly. lifting anything beyond 5 lbs starts to give me more and more back pain. i hope the infection is gone. i have no way of finding that out. i need to talk with the doctors and see what protocol they are gonna use to rule out infection.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Gee, that sound so familiar, trouble sitting and can't lift anything heavy, like a gallon of milk and even the coffee pot.
I came within 3 days of going to Dr. Rajakumar but had trouble with visa and didn't even have the plane tickets so I cancelled. I do think he's a great doctor and I was very impressed with him when I talked to him on the phone for sure. But I do know he's not quite as experienced with lumbar adr and he was going to use the 2 Mavrick on me which I would rather not get because of the keel on them. But he does seem like a top surgeon and I first got hooked up with him with the medical tourism company Healthbase who just totally dropped me now after I mentioned that I was doing more research. Not very nice of them imho.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:03 PM

Default Hi Julia,

If it helps your decision, I had a prodisc on 09/2009 into c6/7 and was still so miserable and in alot of pain, went to a ton of doc's and found Boeree who did my 2nd surgery of M6 in c5/6 (very successful - finally seeing what life can be like again).
I honestly would have done a two level M6 if I knew than what I now know.
Christine
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM

Well, lucky me, I just found out I'm approved for the new XL NuVasive disc with Dr. Pimenta and so will be going to Brazil in the very near future. I guess things happen for a reason and now I'm very happy they did. Like not getting the visa in time to go to India. It all worked out better for me. I would much rather have the XL Nuvasive disc than the Mavrick disc. The XL goes in through the side which I really like and Dr. Pimenta is a top, world wide known surgeon. The XL is in clinical trials right now in 13 states now. Also to travel to Brazil than India is a little bit less scary. Brazil has 24 percent unemloyment right now so a lot of poor people. I will write more once I know more, I just found out this morning. Yeah!!!!