ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 AM

I'm not sure if I am posting in the correct area of this forum, I am a first timer. I have been struggling with my injury (L 4/5) for almost 6 years now. I am a single mother and am only 26 and have limited resources, not to mention the bureaucratic mess that is the CA work comp system. I've seen surgeons that only want to do a global fusion and I've recently found out about the Alphaklinik. I guess I'm just looking for any insight from those of you who have been through this before. I am scared of not not only the surgery but also the detox process as I am on enough narcotics to kill a horse. Any tips would be very much appreciated.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:06 AM

Hello Alicia,
I'd be happy to talk with you through personal email. (I'll send you one first, in case you haven't figured out how to do it yet.) My husband and I are both 31 years old, and he has two discs in need of replacement. We have two baby boys, ages 6 months and one going on two years old. We tried to have Dean's surgery done in the US, but gave up waiting, and we are currently waiting for a surgery date over in Germany with Dr. Bertagnoli. Based on my research, and in my humble opinion, he is the world's best! He now works out of the Alphaklinik, and great facilities in Bogen and Straubing Germany. We were also financially challanged in this situation, so I can tell you what options we came up with to pay, etc. We are bringing our babies over to Germany, as well as both Grandmas to serve as babysitters. We thought that would be a logistical nightmare, but it's quite do-able. You're not alone, you'll find lots of friends and information here!

-Kim
L4/5 & L5/S1.
-Chiropractic treatment
-3 Failed injections
-Orthopedic Massage
Prodisc Surgery on 2/22/07 Dr. Yue
Yale New Haven Hospital, CT
L4/L5 & L5/S1
Back
Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 AM

Hi Alicia,
I went to the Alphaklinik (please read my story by clicking on the link below)

Its a good place to be, and Dr Zeegers is the worlds most experienced ADR surgeon.

Take your time and get into the FAQ`s and find all the info you want and be satisfied you have got everything done before you make any decision. Its a "One off" surgery no second chance so make sure you get it right first time
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/