ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:18 PM

I just added my signature.

Avid weightlifter and really want to get back into it. I'd love to know I can, after 2-level cervical ADR

US orthopedic surgeon recommends 1-level fusion due to spinal arthritis

Dr Blumenthal does not recommend adr or fusion, with no explanation; impossible to contact
Old 04-06-2017, 09:43 PM

I had 2 ADR CERVICAL done by Dr. Clavel, I'm female so probably don't lift as much as you but I can now deadlift 65lbs over my head. I'm doing Crossfit 3-5 times a week. The only thing I don't do a lot of is running, it bothers me more than any other activity. I do a mile and that's about it. If I do a 5k, I run and walk.
I started out barely lifting 5 lbs my nerves had been so compressed.... even now 4+ years after surgery there is not a day that goes by that I don't stop and say a little Thank you for Dr. Clavel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave234 View Post
phillyjoe, are posts from jeffandage going to be extremely horrifying in the sense that he got messed up from adr? I hope not. I hope he is doing well.

When I talk about weightlifting, I mean like 50 lb dumbbells. Nothing crazy. It makes me crazy to think I couldn't do that again.
2 level M6 ADR, Dr. Clavel - Oct. 2012
Insurance paid
Not a day goes by that without me whispering a silent "thank you" to Dr. Clavel
Post Op 2+ years
Cross Fit 3-5 times a week
Running 5ks
Old 04-07-2017, 11:24 PM

Wow! That's great news, 2Confused! I'm very happy to hear you're doing great!

Avid weightlifter and really want to get back into it. I'd love to know I can, after 2-level cervical ADR

Dr Blumenthal does not recommend adr or fusion, with no explanation; impossible to contact
Old 04-07-2017, 11:56 PM

Hi Harrison,

I did have my signatures done last time and i know what is the problem as it has limited words count on it. So i did wrote again and now i have the signatures. I agree as we are sharing information and sure help to understand each other history and condition.

Cheers
Don
2015- Re injured my back and BIG mistake going to CHIRO then my condition got worse with sciatica.
2016- MRI showed tear getting bigger caused by CHIRO.
2017- DISCOGRAM and CT, found my L5S1 torn through annulus fibrosus and pain is similar. Waiting ADR LP-ESP.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 PM

My case gets more and more confusing. Dr Blumenthal, after looking at my images, doesn't recommend adr or fusion. This is baffling. I truly do not understand.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:48 AM

Does he give reasoning? What have your other opinions been?
1st opinion- Recommended 1 level Fusion- NOPE
2nd opinion-Recommended Mobi-c, Dr had only implanted 5.
3rd opinion- Recommended Mobi-C, not crazy about the guy.
4th opinion: Recommended Mobi-C, Dr Blumenthal

June 6, 2017 C5/C6 Mobi-C disc replacement with Dr. Blumenthal at Texas Back Institute!!

Ready to get back to an active lifestyle!
Old 04-27-2017, 05:41 AM

He gave zero reason. Apparently he looked at it briefly. It's really weird.

Dr Clavel (Barcelona Spine Institute neurosurgeon) recommends 2-level M6C. Says the degeneration is clear.

Dr Fred Mo (US orthopedic surgeon) says because I have spinal arthritis,adr could make my pain worse, and that he recommends 1-level fusion.

This is bizarre.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:37 AM

I'm getting very frustrated because I know for damn sure I'm not creating this pain psychologically. I hear and feel my bones crack and crackle with every move I make.

I need to get on with my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2017, 01:37 AM

Sorry. Didn't mean to yell. I'm just so frustrated with this and it seems like even the most celebrated minds in this specific field can't even come to a consensus. There has to be one right answer. And I need to know it VERY SOON.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:02 AM

Dave, suggest you calm down and continue to proceed logically. It is sadly very common to have as many opinions as you have surgeons. The fact that you hear noises, of course, could have very little to do on whether a disc is compressing a nerve. In fact, it suggests facet issues. If you have facet issues, you will still have them after ADR, and maybe ADR , depending on the device, may cause those facet issues to get worse.

I am not a doc, but having gone to Clavel, what I am seeing in your posts is a series of docs who say you don't need intervention now, i.e. wait for it to get worse and really show on mris, vs Clavel, who sees something that maybe not terrible now, but will get worse. So Clavel says take care of it now-before it causes damage to discs above and below. So if that analysis is true, you have to decide which approach you agree with, and decide whether you go now -as Clavel suggests- or you go later- when all docs agree things are bad enough that they really show. I waited until I started dropping things with my right hand to decide, yes, pain and function had gotten bad enough. I should not have waited
C5-C6:Moderate disc osteophytes. Mild-moderate canal stenosis. Moderate-severe bilateral foraminal stenosis.
C6-C-7:Mild-moderate disc osteophytes. Mild canal stenosis. Moderate left and moderate-severe right foraminal stenosis.
June 29,2016-3 level M6 (C4-C7) Dr. Clavel Barcelona