ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:26 AM

Hi RabidJ,

LP-ESP is less aggressive than the freedom. I am sure you can find Michael Walls youtube very helpful. I am waiting for surgery at my L5S1 using LP-ESP. There is a Facebook where people like us gather together and share information. It is very helpful as i met another guy from Canada and he will travel to Germany for M6 surgery. Look out for 'ADR Artificial Disc Replacement Group not affiliated with a specific Dr' Facebook.
2015- Re injured my back and BIG mistake going to CHIRO then my condition got worse with sciatica.
2016- MRI showed tear getting bigger caused by CHIRO.
2017- DISCOGRAM and CT, found my L5S1 torn through annulus fibrosus and pain is similar. Waiting ADR LP-ESP.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:46 PM

Donmas, may I ask who is doing your surgery?

February, 2016 -Same surgery, same failed result.

Have tried everything including prolotherapy, and stem cell injection.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:59 AM

Hi Matthewdds,

I am from Australia, my surgeon call Dr Neil Cleaver and he is located at Gold Coast Queensland. I will be going there for my surgery on 10 Aug, so i will try my best to do any update here otherwise will be at ADR Facebook. You or me and we are not alone, so open out to each other for care and we will pass this stage and move on our life with a better back. Hope, you take your time looking at this ADR option, it may or may not be your option but look deep to find your own solution. That will be the optima goal for most of us. Cheers buddy.
2015- Re injured my back and BIG mistake going to CHIRO then my condition got worse with sciatica.
2017- DISCOGRAM and CT, found my L5S1 torn through annulus fibrosus and pain is similar. Waiting ADR LP-ESP.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 AM

Great. Thanks. I will keep in touch.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:24 AM

Hey donmas, thanks for the response. Why do you believe LP-ESP is less aggressive than the Freedom? Where did you get this information?
-Two-level lumbar ADR L4L5 L5S1 by Dr. Desai November 2017
Old 07-31-2017, 04:43 AM

Quick update: I recently saw Dr. Dran here in Montpellier. He seems very competent but only does Fusion. If I end up deciding on fusion, he is the guy I would go with. He was offering to do a fusion at L4-L5 with dynamic rods at the next level above.

I asked him about ADR and other Doctors and he didn't seem to have any strong opinions one way or another. He did mention Dr. Marnay who is here in Montpellier whom I will be seeing at some point. Although Dr. Marnay only does the Pro-disc, which he invented.

When I mentioned the name Jean-Yves Lazennec, he had heard of him but did not have an opinion. The fact that he heard of him was a good sign to me since Doctors here in France do not really advertise for business.

So I ended up calling Dr. Lazennec who is in Paris but the first appointment that I could get with him is on December 14th, so I took it. This guy is very well known and booked out for quite a while. He is supposed to be one of the best. He does the LP-ESP and fusion so hopefully I can get an honest opinion from him about what is best for me. The sucky part is having to wait cause I am dealing with pain on a daily basis.

Before I see Dr. Lazennec I will be seeing a Dr in Marseille named Patrick Tropiano. Tropiano also does the LP-ESP so I am interested in what he has to say. I am scheduled to see him on August 25th. I will keep ya'll updated.

Also, I am waiting for Dr. Rischke to get back to me since I sent him my MRI. I think he was on vacation.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHerm View Post
I'm in the process of scheduling an L4-5 LP-ESP from Dr. Desai in Germany.
I thought you said your vertebrae was to large and the LP-ESP was too small?
Old 08-14-2017, 08:57 AM

Talking Another update:

I took a drive to Zurich the other day and spoke with Dr. Rischke face to face for the first time.

His recommendation for me was to have discs replaced at l4-l5 and l5-s1 with dynamic rods at the L3-L4 level. He said that my schmorl's nodes would not be an issue whatsoever.

My disc at the L4-L5 level is trashed, he said that the dis at L5-S1 is protruding and causing pain, and the disc at l3-l4 is at the beginning stages of degeneration.

Overall I'd have to say that I felt pretty confident with him and may decide to move forward but will be talking to a few other doctors first.

He said that he has done over 3,000 disc replacements and was in charge of a spine department in Germany at one point in his career. He seems to have a lot of experience.

I had the opportunity to see and hold the LP-ESP and it seems to be a pretty good disc although I am no expert. I did try to squeeze the disc as hard as I could to see if I could see the shock absorption but it was not evident. I was not strong enough to squeeze it (probably a good thing). The disc is very stable and seems to be very tough and rigid.

He also let me see and hold the Freedom Lumbar disc even though he does not use this disc right now. He said the core of this disc is great but the plates are very aggressive. When I held the freedom disc, I was able to confirm how sharp and aggressive the endplates were.

He is very expensive although I believe that the VA will pay for the operation as long as I front the money.

His recommendation was to stay in Zurich for two weeks after the operation so that he can follow up to make sure everything looks good.

Again, I will be seeing another Doctor in Marseille, France in two weeks to see what he thinks.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:28 PM

Were the dynamic rods being placed from the posterior in a second surgical procedure? My issue is that I would need a second surgery if I did the lp-esp, prob a fusion, due to instability issues. I am scheduled on Sept. 14 in the Cayman Islands to get the BalancedBack disc. This restores stability w/o a fusion. I am hopeful this works for me.

Good luck in your quest. Whether you choose France or Switzerland you are likely to be better off soon.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:08 AM

Hi RabidJ, you are strong but the LP-ESP only able to compress and move on body temperature. I have discharge, and i am pretty good so far. I do have a slight old pain on my back but i am positive as it will be gone later. I did a couple of update on FaceBook ADR (Artificial Disc Replacement). Jump in there and join us, as you will also gather extra information there. Hang in there buddy, you will be fine.