ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:19 PM

I like your concise format Laura. Congrats. Paulettte on getting a response.

Maybe an email petition w/online signatures would be a good idea? I'm not sure how to do this but some political organizations use it.

Allan
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:35 PM

Nice going Paulette - you can contact me if you need info of any kind - I am there %100.

Missing Facet Joint L5-S1
Collapsed Disc L4-5
DDD L3-4
Severe Stenosis
Disco + 3 levels
Sched. Oct. 11 - 2 level ADR & fusion
Dr. John Regan - L.A.
Awaiting approval!
[URL=http://www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery]www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery[/U
Old 07-26-2005, 04:03 PM

Another angle that I thought might be to stress that because so many people are waiting for approval, they are taking more and more meds - which can't be good. I wonder sometimes if BC of CA is holding out in order to drive the cost of the disc down so that when they finally do cover it, the cost will be less.

Missing Facet Joint L5-S1
Collapsed Disc L4-5
DDD L3-4
Severe Stenosis
Disco + 3 levels
Sched. Oct. 11 - 2 level ADR & fusion
Dr. John Regan - L.A.
Awaiting approval!
[URL=http://www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery]www.lauracedar.com/XrayGallery[/U
Old 07-26-2005, 06:54 PM

I like all that I see....I have no idea what she can do, who she know, but my wife works for KIRO TV SEATTLE NBC (sorry ppffft) But possibly she can get these letters to someone?
Moderate to Severe, (L) 'They' say that I am @ the end of my road 'What's THAT Mean?? Who are THEY
Old 07-26-2005, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jefferson:
[qb] I like all that I see....I have no idea what she can do, who she know, but my wife works for KIRO TV SEATTLE NBC (sorry ppffft) But possibly she can get these letters to someone? [/qb]
Jefferson,

KIRO is CBS
*'05 Discogram shows concordant pain at L4-5
*8/18/05 scheduled ADR surgery participant in Kineflex/Charite study
Old 07-26-2005, 07:37 PM

I sent my letter in also. I had already written to Montel etc. I also contacted my state and US senators. I have heard nothing back from anyone yet. The email for dateline is dateline@msnbc.com

Jefferson you may be onto something. I found out a long time ago with another issue that it took getting to a Dateline producer before I ever got any type of response to my problem. Your wife might be able to get us a contact that we could give our stories to and see what a widespread problem this is.
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 PM

OK scratch that its dateline@nbc.com I just got my first one back sorry for the wrong info.
Kim
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 07-27-2005, 02:48 AM

Interesting. Tonight on our local news they did a report on the Charite and how great it is and yadda yadda, well up popped my dr, they interviewed him and he talked about the disc, he is the only one on the central coast to do the Charite replacement, so i emailed the news station, cause of course they didnt report about the lack of insurance covering the procedure. I already had sent the letter before i signed on and i wish i would have waited to take some stuff out of the persons post from their lettter, but oh well. I will let you all know how it goes. It isnt dateline but it is something. we need to put a fire under the Insurance companies

Julaine
Old 07-27-2005, 04:21 AM

Here is a list of everyone that I have emailed: dateline@nbc.com
2020@abc.com
abc.news.magazines@abc.com
NETAUDR@abc.com
today@nbc.com
EarlyShow@cbs.com
60m@cbsnews.com
60w@cbsnews.com
Viewerservices@foxnews.com
Oreilly@foxnews.com
Just in case anyone else needs the email addy's
Old 07-27-2005, 10:59 AM

Thanks Patrick, Shows you how much I really care which Networks covers what call letters and how much time we watch them!(My joke was that I do not care for either of them NBC especially, hers being CBS makes my time home alone no easier)
_____________carry on____________
My wife is willing to take any and ALL of this info here and take them straight to her head and main programming administrator if you continue to organise something representable. She read this thusfar and sees no reason to not have something eligible for airtime - too many poepl, too many doctors and too much pain.
Moderate to Severe, (L) 'They' say that I am @ the end of my road 'What's THAT Mean?? Who are THEY