ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 02-12-2006, 04:31 PM

patrick
i believe you will be very happy with your new bed
i love ours after i got over the sticker shock
you will also be able to lower the heat in your bedroom also as they hold your body heat also alittle lest covers
chuck
Old 02-13-2006, 02:52 PM

I will jump in for a quick $.02 as well.

Bought a queen Celebrity Tempurpedic, and wish I hadn't waited so long to buy it.

Expensive yes, but totally worth it.

David
Old 02-25-2006, 01:06 PM

I considered the temperpedic bed, but decided to go with the Sleep number bed instead. Reason being I would like to vary the softness/firmness of the bed depending on how my back feels. I used a temperpedic overlay on my bed when I was at the end of my pregnancy because I needed something softer for my hips, but I don't think I could sleep on something that soft all the time.

I didn't get the sleep number bed yet, it's coming next week. I'll post how it is. The other advantage is that my husband and I can both adjust our sides independently.

At least these bed offer the trial period with refund (minus the shipping).

Hope it helps!

KMP
Old 02-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned

I've had a tempurpedic style bed for about 10 years, which replaced a water bed for 20 years. Though nothing can compare with the comfort of a water bed, I believe the visco-elastic type beds are far more comfortable and body conforming than traditional spring mattresses.

If sticker shock is preventing you from buying the 'tempurpedic', don't be afraid to buy an after-market one that you have thoroughly checked out. Some are manufactured to the exact specifications and the materials are the same. Tempurpedic is so expensive because they are imported and must pay duty fees. Mattresses, pillows, etc. made here don't have those fees.

I've never used a mattress topper buy density and width are all important. I don't know how either of these compare to a sleep number bed.

Happy shopping, Dale
Old 03-22-2006, 08:07 PM

Paul J....

I've had my tempurpedic for 3 years and love it. I can now get out of bed and move about where it use to take me 10 minutes just to get going!!!
Old 03-25-2006, 02:57 PM

At one time someone posted a website where you could get Tempurpedic products at a discount. Does anyone know what the website is?
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 03-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Sorry Spotty, dunno. Try the search thing!

BTW: I recently switched to my TermpurPedic pillow -- it's awesome! It was $40 at BJs...it may not be the Temperpedic brand, but it's the same kind of memory foam. It helps keep my neck "curved" and slightly decompressed.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned

Try mattress.com. I got free shipping and a discount price (don't recall sales tax). Call on the phone and lowball them 'what you remember your friend telling you what they got it for... and so on'. Let the negotiations begin! Personally speaking, I'd go with the celebrity or the classic. The deluxe is basically with classic with 2 extra inches of foam making it too soft for some. You also don't need a new boxspring if yours is still in pretty good shape.

If in doubt that you'll like this mattress, you might want to start with their pillow.

Dale
Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 AM

Dale, thanks for the website , I'm going to check it out.
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy