ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 05-19-2005, 11:24 PM

Well I have finally got a "tentative" date of June 15th for my surgery. I am very excited yet now very nervous. It is finally sinking in that I am FINALLY going to be having ADR. I am so thankful to all of you for your love, support and words of experience, strength and hope over these last 6 months. I can not tell you how much you have all helped me put one foot in front of the other to make this happen for me. I will definately be posting as I lead up to the date of my surgery to let you all know of the process of preop and what I learn about the Kineflex disc. I still do not have any concrete information on the Kineflex at this time. I was informed by my doctors assistant that there is another patient who has located alot of informaiton regaring this disc and when she gets that information she will forward it on to me. At that time I will post it on this site for all of you.

For any of you that live within 300 miles of Seattle Washington they are still looking for more candidates to participate in this study. They have 60 slots available and will be offering them first to their active patients. The remainder slots will be for those who call and seek out the study. If you are interested please email me at slussern@comcast.net .

Thank you again. Please keep me in your prayers as I get closer and closer to my surgery date. My nerves are shot and can use all the prayers I can get.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 05-19-2005, 11:39 PM

You've got my support. Good luck. Keep me posted!!
Old 05-21-2005, 01:59 AM

Darn now why could I not live closer??? Maybe that is why Eileen did not return my call. I did tell her where I lived sigh.
Hopefully I can get TBI on the ball or find another center closer to home that is doing the study.
Nicole best wishes and healing thoughts coming your way. June 15th will be here before you know it!
Prayers and healing thoughts are going up
Kim
Evaluated by Dr Blumenthal at TBI
2/2005 ADR 2 level recommended
2 level lumbar fusion
Old 05-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Nichole, you've been through the ringer, but have come out unscathed! Way to go - nice work and congrats on your decision. I really believe that doing the research, jumping the hurdles and making the decision is the hardest part! Hopefully, the rest will be a Sunday drive...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 05-21-2005, 01:58 PM

Congratulations Nichole!

I thought Dr. Schwaegler told me there was going to be 500 people in the study? Maybe that was the total for all the different studies that he is participating in. I know that he mentioned more than just the ADR study to me. I will pray for a successful surgery for you.
*'05 Discogram shows concordant pain at L4-5
*8/18/05 scheduled ADR surgery participant in Kineflex/Charite study
Old 05-21-2005, 11:37 PM

NICHOLE,

how much do oyu have ot pay for the surgery or is your insurance company covering it
Charite Replacement surgery scheduled for whenever my damn insurance company will pay for it
Old 05-21-2005, 11:40 PM

Hi Nichole, So happy to hear the news, how is your pain level? I said in the beginning we were one number apart on parallel paths and now we are a day apart. Do you know how to find the other study sites? I need to explore some back up,,,,fast.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue
Old 05-22-2005, 02:35 PM

Hi everyone!

Jason, the surgery is free. The study covers the cost of everything.

JL, my pain level is at about a 6.5 so very much looking forward to the 15th of June. I would call SpinalMotion and ask them. They have the list of sites.

Patrick, Dr. Schwaeglers office has only 60 slots however there are 500 total for the entire study. Dr. Schwaeglers office will have the majority and the remainder sites will have less. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you all for the prayers.

ADR June 15, 2005 WOOOO HOOOOO
Herrniated L5-S1, Tear in Annulus
Old 05-25-2005, 12:41 PM

congrats Nichole
Old 05-25-2005, 09:43 PM

Nichole, I called Spinal Motion and they were candidly informative and gave me more attention than most doctors I have spoken with in 14 years. But I am a two level, so no go. But one of their suggestions was greaaaat! I am working on pursuing it right now. I am so happy for you Nichole, my spiney sister.
6-14-05 L4/5 & L5/S1 Prodisc Yale New Haven CT Dr. James Yue