ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 PM

Juli,
Thank you very much for your input & comments! What you say holds alot of merit. The original Dr that I had the surgery scheduled with had over 100 ADR surgeries under his belt & I had no reservations about my choice to have the Charite disc replacment. I just don't get the same feeling with this Dr.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:10 AM

It's a great idea to get to a doctor who has had the least 60 ADR surgeries under his belt if you possibly can.
Best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 11-18-2005, 11:45 AM

Proud Dad,

Boy does this sound all too familiar. I had several conflicting opinions about my cases. Dr Regan said ADR-Charite and Dr Bray his former partner said fuse and not to do the Charite. Regan had 300 ADR and Bray how also participated in the US trial for the Charite had 150 A patient told me he is no longer installing the Charite.

Some doctors are just not ready to embrace new technology and Regan said that there is a learning curve with the Charite and after this first 25 he was able to work out the problems.

With that said I am very happy with my decision to have ADR with Dr Delamarter and the ProDisc 300+ discs installed. Good with come out of this situation for you as well just don�t rush into something you don�t feel 100% comfortable with.
T-12 Compression Fracture 10/04
C-7 Spines Process Fracture 5/99
http://prodisc2.blogspot.com/
You are my Rock God in you I can do anything
Old 11-19-2005, 10:28 AM

Dear Proud Dad

I am going through the process of having my insurance company deny (1st denial) my Charite ADR. I found DuPuy's website and talked to a man named John at DuPuy about tips to appeal insurance denials. His phone number is 504-828-3744. Anyway, I was told by my Doctor that DuPuy did not want any surgeon using the Chrite ADR unless they have extensive experience and that DuPuy would see to it that the procedure would be denied. DuPuy wants the Charite ADR to be a sucess. Are you able to travel to see another surgeon who has at least 60 or more ADR surgeries? I would NOT let anyone else touch me. There have been some bad outcomes from surgeons who didn't have enough experience.

If your insurance compay does not cover any other areas, Spinal Motion is doing a clinical trial on the Kineflex. There are two locations in North Carolina that are having the trials. Here is their information:

Triangle Orthopaedic Associates, PA
Thomas A. Dimming, MD
120 William Penn Plaza
Durham, NC 27704
Contact Name: Tabitha M. Paynter or Richard Malloy
Ph: 919-281-1720, 919-281-1780
Email: tpaynter@triangleortho.com
Email: rmalloy@triangleortho.com

Caolina NeuroSergery & Spine Assoc.
Dom Coric, M.D.
1010 Edgehill Road North
Charlotte, NC 28207
Contact name: Peggy Bolts
Ph: 704-371-5105
Email: peggy.bolts@cnsa.com

I recommend you call DuPuy and ask if there is another good surgeon in your area as well. Some of the doctors listed on the Charite website have only performed one or two Charite ADR's. Check to see if your surgeon will be assisted in your surgery with one or more experienced Charite ADR surgeons. That is what my doctor is doing. She is having two surgeons from Las Vegas fly in who have performed hundreds of Charite ADR surgeries to assist.

God bless. Margaret

Margaret
Old 11-19-2005, 01:54 PM

insurance companys r out right dening the charite period only a hand full r covering it. i lost 3 appeals with blue crap and dr balderston was listed on dupuy site at pa hosp now looking into activ-l clinical trials here or im going overseas.
my best chuck