ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:49 PM

Default Hi everybody

Hi just wanted to post my experience after 6 months of evolution.

Back pain for some time already (years) after pandemic gained weight quitted gym and had a couple of injuries carrying weight around. Things worsened every month so after some physical therapy got and MRI and diagnosis big central herniated disc l5-s1 With left leg sciatica
Maybe I can get some insights from you guys

After viewing nearly all posts in this site I decided for total disc replacement in a Hospital close by.I looked into different neurosurgeons in Madrid which recommended each a different thing. New Interspinous fixation, MIS TLIF, ADR. read about systematic reviews on different ADR prosthesis, retrievability, resurgery , then chose this doctor after calling the rep of the company Of the prosthesis I wanted to have (m6) asking for the one that did more surgeries in my city Madrid. His name is Luis Ignacio Alvarez de Quesada. Had a consultation today with him. This doctor is really transparent. No big spinal center treatment private environment, but one of the best private hospitals in Madrid. On the consultation he did not mention ADR from the beginning so I suggested it to him and he agreed ,if there was no facet destruction on new MRI, he would plan for ADR. Not with m6 but with Zimmer Mobidisc L.

Curious to hear any feed back regarding prosthesis type or surgery expectations. Right now I have trouble sleeping, sitting standing for over 10 min and barely can place socks, coughing or even laughing. Chiropractor relieves pain every Two weeks otherwise medication helps me get around days.
I used to go skiing every winter, weight lifting, gym, bicycle. Can’t do any exercise except for elliptical run. Thanks for your recommendations

Last edited by Harrison; 01-29-2022 at 08:54 PM. Reason: minor edits: paragraph breaks, spelling errors
Old 01-29-2022, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Hey Alex, sorry for the late reply. When you can, please see:

https://www.adrsupport.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11053

Anything new since you posted? How are you managing your pain levels - still with chiro and meds? What kind of meds? Does ibuprofen help?
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 02-06-2022, 05:11 PM

Hi there, Had a consultation with Dr. Clavel and felt more confident with this doctor. So surgery scheduled for 1st March with ESP prosthesis. Pain is tolerable but does not allow me do a regular life so there’s no way back for my decision. Also I had a downhill evolution in the past month. Planned a month of work and then little by little start working. I have to do a lot of driving and I’m not sure if I will be able 1 month postop. Any feedback? Also I don’t know if I can go up steps (one floor) after my surgery, otherwise I will have to accommodate my bedroom on the first floor. Any corsets after the surgery? I heard esp takes three months to really integrate so I don’t want any movement that can harm it. Thank you
planning ADR in a month
Old 02-07-2022, 10:29 AM

Planning for a lot of riding in a car one month post op, much less driving a lot, sounds aggressive and could easily be more than your body could tolerate. Recovery isn't a matter of one-size-fits-all, but both Laura and I weren't comfortable with any more than short rides as passengers after that first month of recovery from abdominal surgery.

The big thing within that early recovery time is to make sure you can easily stop doing something that your body is telling you you can't do. The tendency to push through on a long drive or be unable to stop when your body tells you it's time to rest would be an overriding reason to limit driving commitments during that time. Doesn't mean you can't drive at all, maybe you will be able to, but you'll likely find your tolerance goes up and down hour by hour and day by day.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 03-07-2022, 07:14 AM

Had surgery done with Dr. Clavel and his team. 5 days ago
ESP l5-s1 rough recovery because of little bleeding due to my anemia but cero pain.
Great team and great care. They had 4 ADR surgeries the same morning. Amazing organization and very kind. Can’t be more happy
planning ADR in a month