ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:25 PM

Exclamation

Good luck with your upcoming ADR surgery coming up Trucklt. Yeah, the back and hip are so interrelated that it can be one long process to find the actual pain generator. And often times, you have more than one, which makes it even trickier for doctors. (and very frustrating for us patients)

Toebin, the PE is behind me, but the fact that I have had two now puts me in a very precarious place. I am still on blood thinners and will be put back on them rigorously after the hip replacement. (you have to go off 5 days before surgery)

Hopefully, I can get all of this behind me soon and get on with the job of living!
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 AM

Default Groin/ hip pain,

Hi, I had femoral neck debridement of both of my hips Dr. Guanche SO Cal. i had groin pin and got a dyed MRI showing laral tears. Instead of hip replacement I had my hips arthroscopically cleaned out last August and they feel real good. I am 53 a little overweight and also got a PE after my last hip surgery from using a wheelchair instead of crutches so my blood just pooled all day long. I am now up for 2 different procedures my ulner nerve and ADR at C3 C4. I will be off coumadin this week and wonder if some of my head sounds will disapate.

For all who have labral tears this operation surgeon is great and they only do this surgery in a few places. He says it will by time if you are a candidate. Please email me if you need contact INFO.

Mike
Old 01-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Mike L., nice to meet you. I am glad to hear your arthroscopic hip repair went so well. That's great to hear! Unfortunately, I already had that procedure done 2 years ago by the top doctor in my area and have not had the relief that I so wanted. That was my other option was to have that done again (by different surgeon down at Mayo), or the hip replacement. But this doc and I both agreed I didn't have good success with the last arthroscopic one, so we're opting for the "big gun," if you will. I'm just so burned on having a bad hip all this time and feel like I have lost so much good living time, that I don't want to take a chance on another arthroscopic repair. That's just me and where I am at, at this point in time. I am 56 and not getting any younger. I really want to live, and ski, and exercise and embrace life like I haven't in a long time. I'm overdue.

Yes, Liz, I have heard of infamous 5-level Fred! Cheers to him! We must have been related in another life!
I know the skiing is not highly recommended after a hip replacement but I know a number of folks way older than me that ski with theirs. And some of them are back doing the black diamonds. I will gladly settle for greens and a few blue runs. I'm into longevity.
vertibroplasty @ above levels, 9/15/01
4/06 hip labral tear repair
4/07 Lumbar ProDisc replacement by Dr. B., 3 levels; L3-6
7/2/08 ALIF of L6-S1
7/30/08 Removed bone cement.
8/7/08 Diagnosed with pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion.
3/10/09 right SI Joint Fusion; seeing light at end of tunnel, for first time in 8 years!!