ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:26 PM

Maybe the surgeons I speak to will also say I'm unlikely to have a reaction to the metal, I just read about people getting it done, and if it's easy/cheap to test for maybe I will also

With the annular tear basically I assume he saying that the tear won't heal, but the inside of the disc that is now outside (the gel) will be eaten by the body so you could feel relief over time.

As you've said this is great, but one wrong move and you could have more pain, in fact my thoughts are that with a herniated disc it may get a little better, but at some point something will happen again.. They're permanently damaged

I think it is basically proven that alot of people will have problems with the discs nearby a fused disc, especially if you're 38 it's not a decision I would be making.

It's definitely possibly the ADR could fail in your life time, but who knows how long, and afterwards it could be fused? If I got 20+ years out of an ADR I would be happy, but of course I would hope for longer

08.16 - Back/sciatica problems arose (what I class as the start of life changing problems in day to day life)

10.16 - After signifcant recovery problems arose again and life has never been the same since

02.17 - L4/5 Small bulge, L5/S1 small protrusion confirmed by MRI, L5/S1 pressed on sciatic nerve but no significant compression noted.