ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > Insurance Hell

Insurance Hell All insurance-related matters are here: Medicare, worker's compensation, appeals, denials, insights, wins, losses. PRICING is here too. Note: This forum has posts from 2006 forward. Older ones are in the Big File.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:17 AM

Default KAISER-- Any ideas to recover expences

I'm about 5 weeks post on my 3level,doing
great.Has anyone dealt with Kaiser on recovering
any expences, even the hospital stay which was
7000 euros???.
My 3 ADR surgery was 46,500.00 US.IT was for the
Doctor ,Hospital stay and implants. The travel
and additional expences not included.
Ideas on recovering any monies would be very
much appreciated.
Thanks to inflated house prices in northern
ca. I was able to have my surgery and have a little left over.

Take Care
CHUCK D
Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM

Exclamation Kaiser Reimbursement

I've been dealing with Kaiser reimbursement for a long time with little luck. I went to see an atty who told me to get my contract asap as it's all in there. Many of us have different contracts so dig out yours or casually call up and say you've misplaced yours (don't want to draw any attention to yourself) and need another. There, you will find out all the information which will help you.

Unfortunately, they often say they will only reimburse for life threatening issues such as if you are dying. Only way around this I could even imagine is if one had been traveling in Germany and then some kind of emergency developed regarding the back.

I've gone through the whole board thing, it's crazy and timed. They cut me short of five minutes and I had to get into it with them. It's a joke. When I finally got an attorney I found out that they have the biggest attys. you could imagine. After fighting for over a few years, exhausted and going broke, I chose to go one with my life and put what money I had into paying out of pocket for help. This is kinda what they hope you will do in my opinion. I think they label patients as difficult also. This time around I'm getting much better attention, but nothing deviates from your contract. That's your clue to totally revue your contract. I wouldn't go to one of those meetings with out an atty present. Any questions, feel free to contact me. Thanks Liz