ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:46 PM

They should pass a law that when spine surgery does not turn out good, the patient has the right to be euthanized peacefully and pain free. If I only had a smarter brain i would have known better then to get a rock hard implant in a place that had a disc made of soft gel before. I put to much trust in doctors. As for pain from arthritis if thats the case no reason to suffer anymore.

This is what I get for being stupid...

"Hell on Earth, who's next is gonna be first"

C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:31 PM

Post prodisc c issues

Dear JKDE302,
I am sorry you are having the same issues as I am however, I do not want to be euthanized. My pain and complications are very bad but I still have hope that my new Dr will be able to help me. I am trying to keep a positive attitude although the pain breaks me down at times. I know how you feel. I went for my fourth ESI procedure 9-9-11 and I usually get at least 3 wks to a month of relief from these pain shots but not total relief. I still have tremors and feel pulling in my neck and feel tight and stiff. When the relief from the shots wear off I have all the above plus spasms in my neck and shoulders and headaches. Arm pain tingling and numbness in my left arm and tingling and numbness in my right hand and arm. I have heard of success stories of ADR revisions to fusions and I believe that would help me according to my research. I have been doing a lot of that lately and wished I would have done more before my prodisc c surgery. I am still praying to get my life back and will pray for you as well. Keep your chin up. I wish you the best.
msrudy
Old 10-14-2011, 10:58 AM

Exclamation update from msrudy post adr c5c6 pain and no life

I am going to see my spine doc today and I will be able to let you guys know what his treatment plan will be.My other appointments got rescheduled because I got sent to pain management to get poked on and still no relief. Unfortunately I have been through H*** since I last posted. I am tired of being a guinea pig and pin cushion so I will be demanding answers today. This has dragged out long enough! I am about to lose my job and my insurance and my mind and I have no life because of the pain. They should stop using this prodisc C and L and have a product recall liability suite on it. Thanks you guys. I will keep you updated.
msrudy
Old 10-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Default Good attitude going to the dr's

I agree with you 100% Product recall for Prodisc-c is the next step. We should all get together and save the next round of people like us from this awful mistake.

I felt the same way you did it was time to DEMAND answers for me too and I got them. Good luck to you today stand firm. Let us know how it goes.
May 5, 2010 c5-c6 prodisc ADR surgery in Yakima, WA. 16 months later after suffering every minute of every day I had a posterior cervical fusion c5-c6 over the prodisc surgery on September 9, 2011. June 18, 2012 posterior hardware removal of fusion. I HAVE ZERO PAIN!
Old 10-15-2011, 01:45 AM

Question ? Let's stand together for a product recall of prodisc C ?

SISSYJOC,
I really would like for everyone on this support group that has been through this torture with prodisc ADR surgery as we have, to get together and demand a recall. I am wondering though how do we go about it? Anyone have that answer?? It may be frustrating and a so called act of congress but I would be willing to save as many ppl as possible from this faulty device and all the pain that comes after having this non-recovery and worse pain ever surgery. We can start with you and I and move forward. I am sure there may be some success stories but probably more bad than good ones. Anyone else who is with us let's step forward! I know it will take more than one or two voices and bad experiences to get it done. Anyone else with us??
msrudy
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 PM

Default prodisc

is horrible. American healthcare is horrible....
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:31 PM

Exclamation cervical radio frequency ablation ???

Help anyone had this done (cervical radio frequency ablation ???) for Pian in shoulders muscles and neck pain and left arm pain and arm numbness and headaces that diifer in intensity....what are the pros and cons and should I have this done. I been trying to researech but I haven't seen any patients with ADR have this done and I had ADR prodic-c on 1 lever c-5 c-6 7/28/10 had faucet injections and have tried antiflamotory and muscle relaxers had nerve conduction studies with no nerve damage.......can someone please help..why won't they just take this Prodisc outta my neck!! My pain is 7/8 10 all the time. I wished I would just had a fusion. Almost done for because almost no job and no Insurance. So any Opinion would be appreciated..also I was told yesterday by my Spine doc that he could do antier and take prodisc out and do one level fusion can that be done if not why do ya think I am getting the run around??
Old 11-30-2011, 08:25 PM

Default Hi Ms Rudy;

I had the cervical radio frequency ablation twice. I have the prodisc c in at the c6/7 level - it is in too far to the right and forward, but the horrendous pain and suffering for me was the c5/6 level. The disc was gone and they left me like that (hey insurance here in the us won't cover 2 levels).
Until I found this out, I had the facet injections, and 2 radio frequency procedures. I tried muscle relaxers, and finally pain management. I also got an incredible run around and was absolutely miserable for 2 and a half years.
Anyway, the 1st rfa was done in 12/10, I had the prodisc surgery 9/09 and kept saying how much my neck still hurt, and kept getting worse, the surgeon told me everything was perfect and to suck it up and quit going to pt.
Nice, so I ended up at tbi with dr. cottingham for an rfa and actually got some relief. It burns nerves, so I probably was injuring myself much more.
the 2nd rfa (done here in Tampa) threw me into hard constant spasms so I was in bed and almost crying all the time. I don't know if this helps, but it was what my turnout was.
I was finally able to go to Nick Boeree 2 weeks ago, and he told me what was going on, finally....I knew from everything I felt he was right, I had an m6 put in at the c5 level and have to make the best of the prodisc, if you take them out it is pretty bad, you lose alot of bone due to the keels.
I ended up losing my home, 2 jobs, any savings, my sanity and 2 years of my life. sorry for rambling, but it makes me so upset at how the medical industry of the us has treated all of us.
09/2009 C6/7 Prodisc C ADR
11/2010 facet joint inj 12/2010 Rhizotomy TBI Dr. Cottingham months of relief
05/2011 facet Joint Inj 06/2011 Rhizotomy
7/2011 Dr. Zigler TBI, facet block and Discogram
11/18 surgery with Dr/Mr. Boeree..Thank God.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:08 PM

Default Adr revision to fusion

"I was told yesterday by my Spine doc that he could do antier and take prodisc out and do one level fusion can that be done if not why do ya think I am getting the run around??"

I will just tell you what I was told. I had a posterior single level fusion over my adr at c5-c6 because the keels for the prodisc are WAY to large, that is a design flaw and I believe what causes all the problems with prodisc. Anyway, my surgeon said if he took the adr out he would have to fuse c4-c7 because once he took out the prodisc he would have nothing to put the screws into because of the keels, the keels basically destroyed what I had. He would have to go above and below for it to hold. I am just going to say also that posterior incision is really painful to heal from but worth it if you only need one level fused. I think I am the only sucess so far on this site that this type of surgery has actually helped. GOOD LUCK and keep us informed on what you decide to do.
May 5, 2010 c5-c6 prodisc ADR surgery in Yakima, WA. 16 months later after suffering every minute of every day I had a posterior cervical fusion c5-c6 over the prodisc surgery on September 9, 2011. June 18, 2012 posterior hardware removal of fusion. I HAVE ZERO PAIN!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Exclamation

This topic may be getting confusing (even to me), so I just want to clarify something of importance: the surgeon determines the size of end-plate sizes of the artificial disc. These disc endplate designs -- and sizes -- vary by mfr. That said, I've posted many times of my personal preference against keeled designs in that they are too destructive; in that they cause vertebral instability, make revisions almost impossible and increase the risk of HO (heterotopic ossification). I've been singin' that tune for years now.

See this specs here for Synthes et al:

http://www.adrsupport.org/forums/f55/synthes-9503/

Due to earlier design limitations, and surgeons' errors in selecting plate sizes (too small causes subsidence of devices into softer bone), many corrections in endplate designs were made in the last decade (yes, decade!).

Msrudy, let's email or talk soon, so I can help you add a signature.
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate