ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-13-2022, 01:15 AM

Default northern california

hi... contemplating for a while and going to pull to trigger. i live in the solano county area (fairfield, ca). not sure if this matters: there is only (1) surgeon who does this, and it's an orthopedic spine person, not a neurosurgeon.

anyway... a bit scared only 1 person does this surgery, unless my searching skills suck. probably a mobi-c at 2 levels.
Old 02-13-2022, 12:50 PM

I'm not sure if the fact that you've got an orthopedic surgeon vs. a neurosurgeon is worth worrying about. I'm not too surprised about the lack of people doing ADR surgeries, though. Many people on this board end up having to travel some distance, sometimes a plane flight, sometimes a day's drive, to find a good surgeon. I'd check with your local person to make sure they've done a lot of ADRs. Unless you're in a desperate condition and can't travel, you're probably better off looking further afield instead of going with someone who has limited experience.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog