ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:47 AM

Good luck. I have my Independant Medical Exam next week with Dr. Vacarro in Phily. He's done a few Charites so I'm hoping he would consider me an ADR candidate. I'm both excited & nervous. I still may wind up in court since Liberty Mutual's in-network doctors are inexperienced with ADR.

Fight for what you want. You are the boss!
Epidurals and facet injections
5/15/06 Discogram confirmed L4-L5 DDD also an asymptomatic L5-S1 tear
10/24/06 L4-L5 Prodisc surgery with Dr. Goldstein
CAT scans & X-Rays show ossification
Trigger Point Injections, Medial Branch Blocks, Acupuncture, Weekly Deep Tissue Massage
10/27/08 Discogram (positive L5-S1 tear)
11/25/08 L5-S1 fusion with Dr. Goldstein
FAILED BACK SYNDROME
Liberty Mutual WC
Old 03-20-2006, 11:41 PM

Maria,
This is Great news! I have been following your case for Years. I am also Work Comp, (N.C.) I went to a hearing today and I'm 99% sure the Judge is going to aprove my 3 level ADR with Dr, B.in Germany. I am so proud of you for not giving up and fighting for what belongs to you. Which is a chance at having a normal life again. It has been a long hard battle but 2006 is our year. Press on!
GOD BLESS YOU,
Katherine.

injured 2000
L4/5 herniation
Discectomy/laminotomy 2001
DDD
L3 heniated
L4/5 reherniated
L5s1 herniated
Old 09-21-2006, 02:17 PM

Hi,
My name is Cathy and I live in Florida. I stumbled onto the Big Bucket while trying to research different types of ADR. What a relief to know that I am not alone in my struggle to get help for my back and get my life back. I am a wc patient and have hade two discectomies at L4, L5. I was told by my Dr. that I now need a fusion. This scares the crap out of me because I alredy have a fusion at L5, S1 from ten years ago. Therefore, I am researching the Charite, Prodisc, Maverick...to see if it would be an option for me. I don't even know if wc will allow it. All I know is that I am miserabe, I need to feel better, and I need to get back to work. Any suggestions? Hope all went well with your surgery
*Curr