ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Hello Everyone,

I found this site last night, after being motivated to google after another 3 days of being able to get out of bed and before I even get started, I want to thank Harrison, Mark, and the rest of you that are unknowingly giving hope to someone who feels hopeless.

I thought I had found what I was looking for when I stumbled across getADR.com and had talked to some of their success story patients. I've been doing all sorts of fantasizing about how I could raise the funds to pay for surgery there and in the back of my mind was wondering about unsuccessful outcomes. Well I found them here! Now I find myself grateful for my financial insecurity and have started to re-think this whole ADR thing. I checked with a spine center in TX after receiving costs from Stenum and was told multi-level ADR would not be an option in the U.S. for 7-8 years. It looks as though things are progressing much quicker than that.

I've been disabled since Feb 2003, lost everything, and am on Medicare. I'm hoping for the day I might find a reputable ADR surgeon that will accept Medicare and can perform multi-level ADR on a previously fused spine.

In the meantime, I know I'm sitting at this terminal too long, but can't seem to turn away from all the useful information on this site.

Mark D.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:44 PM

I don't know anything personally about stenum but I know there's been a few things written about that place. You might want to check out the stenum thread under the "frequently asked questions" category

New ins paid for 2 level lumbar prodisc surgery on 4/7/08 (at age 39) with Dr. Westerlund, at Core Orthop
Old 06-13-2006, 06:21 AM

DO NOT go to Stenum without researching them on this site. You will find many bad opinions and a few good ones, but PLEASE research it so you know where people are coming from and why they formed the opinions they did.
General joint hypermobility

Jim - C4/5, C5/6, L4/5 disk bulges and facet damage, L4/5 disk tears, currently using regenerative medicine to address

"There are many Annapurnas in the lives of men" Maurice Herzog
Old 06-05-2007, 10:26 AM

Check Dr. Zucherman in San Francisco. He takes everything. It is a Catholic hospital, so there may be funds available for someone such as you. God Bless!
Marilyn
Quote:
Originally posted by ADR in the USA:
Hello Everyone,

I found this site last night, after being motivated to google after another 3 days of being able to get out of bed and before I even get started, I want to thank Harrison, Mark, and the rest of you that are unknowingly giving hope to someone who feels hopeless.

I thought I had found what I was looking for when I stumbled across getADR.com and had talked to some of their success story patients. I've been doing all sorts of fantasizing about how I could raise the funds to pay for surgery there and in the back of my mind was wondering about unsuccessful outcomes. Well I found them here! Now I find myself grateful for my financial insecurity and have started to re-think this whole ADR thing. I checked with a spine center in TX after receiving costs from Stenum and was told multi-level ADR would not be an option in the U.S. for 7-8 years. It looks as though things are progressing much quicker than that.

I've been disabled since Feb 2003, lost everything, and am on Medicare. I'm hoping for the day I might find a reputable ADR surgeon that will accept Medicare and can perform multi-level ADR on a previously fused spine.

In the meantime, I know I'm sitting at this terminal too long, but can't seem to turn away from all the useful information on this site.

Mark D.