ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-03-2006, 05:54 AM
Banned

While my back has been feeling quite good the last week since I've had the discogram followed by ESI, I must admit I've been having some serious right knee concerns.

I've had two surgeries on this knee so have thought the symptoms to be knee related however, I had some tweaking pain in the medial and lateral aspect on either side of the patella and below it, and then weakness on the lateral aspect of the knee and the musculature (very weak trying to bend and lift leg up~ almost cannot do it) about a good 6 inches up outter aspect of my thigh.

These symtoms seem to be there early a.m. and later in day after walking or being upright, and limit my ability to be mobile.

There has been some radiating pain from over my right sacral area that radiates or threads thru the lateral aspect of my right leg exactly to that mid upper lateral aspect of my thigh...

Woke up with pain that was at least a 5 working it's way thru the lateral aspect of my thigh, and it's quite a crampy spasm type of feeling..

My OSS probably is a tad peeved that I got my disco done elsewhere as they didn't do a CT scan with it because I had a stand alone CT scan authorized/done earlier in the year...

I'm considering going to Urgent Care if I don't start to feel better with this.. the knee esp. must be evaluated anyway eventually tho I'm trying to just "wait it out"..

Maybe I need surgerical intervention sooner than later.. tho am hoping it's just some nerve irritation that will pass (symptoms started about a week ago w/knee and have progressively worsened)..
Old 07-03-2006, 12:52 PM

Hi Mariaa,
it's good to know that you are getting nearer to your objectives. I just wonder if the knee pains could be coming from your back and this is why your back pains have vanished because it's referred pain. I hope it's resolved soon no matter what
Best,
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 07-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
My OSS probably is a tad peeved that I got my disco done elsewhere as they didn't do a CT scan with it because I had a stand alone CT scan authorized/done earlier in the year...
Did you decide this yourself Mariaa? If so, GOOD FOR YOU because I learned the hard way that there's not always a lot of communication regarding how much radiation a patient has been getting....had WAY too many CT scans in a short period of time...

Sending you loads of good vibes and prayers for your pains to 'just' be irritated nerves and they'll settle down soon!

Hugs,

Trace
Old 07-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

Alastair,
Actually I still have back pain but much less than before the ESI. Thankfully not every movement is painful.. but one thing that bothers me is lying down as in sleeping and waking there still seems to be enough noticeable pain. Seems like my pain med (Methadone) and the Neurontin play a big part in further relieving pain throughout the day if I'm mobile.. Standing still tho as in talking and standing around, oh yeah, I still have a back ache.. or sitting too much ~

Trace,
I didn't want a 2nd CT scan done within 4 months. I thought that would be a bit too much but it also wasn't authorized by WC again altho may have been if pushed hard enough for it by doctor..

I realize there would have been probably a better idea of what happened to discogram material after procedure in terms of it leaked where and to what degree and so forth if CT scan done then but I have to wonder in all my preoccupation to get the best diagnosis for my spine in the last so many years if there won't be other health concerns that will later pop up because of the repeated diagnostics done w/little forethought for the rest of my health..
Old 07-05-2006, 08:38 AM

M: Are you getting an MRI for your knee pain? It was pretty definitive for my kneee problems.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Banned

ans
knee symptoms have abated a bit. Still have some weakness/stiffness w/too much standing in one place or squatting after a while. Seems much better than when I wrote this post tho still weak.

Have OSS appt. 6/12~ will see if *whatever* is still around by then. Had MRI of knee last year, patella tendon release for tracking needs to be repeated sometime in future~ nuh-uh, don't wanna go there~ terrible recover from this surgery previously~ took FOREVER (and it didn't take completely as knee cap off track still)..
Old 07-06-2006, 09:43 AM

I hope they still give an MRI. So you had another surgery that failed?

Is this given for chondromalacia?

Addendum: I'm certain that your OSS would understand your fear of recieving so much radiation from a CT.

Good luck.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.