ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Banned

It's been almost 5 years that I've been on the internet, researching spine. During that time, I've met some very extraordinary people. Often, I've watched them face incredible adversity with such grace and courage; it makes me embarrassed to remember how little I accomplished during my ordeal... how I let it affect me.

I have been lucky enough to know a gentleman named Julian Kalmar. We've been communicating for almost 2 years now. His ordeal continues and is so much worse than mine ever was. Yet, it is uplifting, just to hear him answer the phone. He keeps everything in a unique perspective. No matter how bad things get, he chooses to keep separate, the physical pain and disability, from his mood and personality. I'm sure that he has his moments... his ordeal is frightening. But, whatever he's doing here works for him. I've read a few chapters of his book and I look forward to hearing the rest.

Read his story by clicking on the link below.

Warning: The site linked below includes an offer to purchase something of value. If you or any of your agents, assigns, etc... may be offended by such an offer, please make the intellegent choice and don't click this link.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in any dealings with Mr. Kalmar, except that I intend to purchase a copy his book, plus additional copies for gifts!

So, if you accept responsibility for your actions, and have the capacity to make an intelligent choice about products or services that you might purchase, or not purchase; please click the link below.

http://www.thehappinessformula.com/

If you find this post offensive... you have my sincere apologies. This is not about selling anything.... I feel honored to share the story of a fellow spiney who has been an inspiration to me.

Mark
Old 12-09-2004, 08:47 PM

Mark,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I know that as a former "spiney" myself - it was easy to have negative thoughts and easy to have the "why me" syndrome going on. Too bad that this book did not come out sooner. I think it would have helped me to realize that perhaps the feelings and frustrations I had during my darkest days were okay to feel that way - yet perhaps figure out my purpose in life at the same time. (in a more timely manner)...

I don't know how this man managed his spinal issues and yet be able to write a book like this. Truely, inspirational.

Happiness is truely a gift.....
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!