ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 PM

Iam new to this forum, trying to make a decision about whether to travel to Europe for surgery, and if so, what kind and where. I was corresponding with the Stenum Hospital, and happened to run across the EMT website. Without mentioning Stenum, I asked about doctors/hospitals to avoid, and right away he mentioned Stenum as being the only one they definitely recommend avoiding. He then said to check out the blogs, and that's how I ended up at this site. I sent MRI and Xray images to EMT, and he just called me back a bit ago with the news that mine is "a very complicated case". He says that in addition to degenerated discs (which I knew about and thought required ADR), I have a narrowed spinal canal that is probably genetic. That makes sense because I have had back pain, gradually increasing, since I was in my 20s and I am 55 now. Then, he shocked me by telling me that the MRI shows fibromyalgia in my spine. Have any of you heard of that happening? I don't know much about this condition, but I would guess it was brought on by 30 years of chronic pain. He said that he is going to check with some additional surgeons, but it looks like I need a complicated spinal reconstruction. What do any of you know about this procedure and about EMT? Are they legitimate?