ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:13 AM

Hello & hope all is well! I know I've mentioned the wonderfull Spine Center in Charleston, South Carolina but, would like to give just a little more information for those who may be in search of a good & very highly recommended ADR facility. It is "Southeastern Spine Institute." It is actually located adjacent to the East Cooper Hospital in Mt Pleasant, SC. The reason I mention Charleston is because more people are familiar with Charleston. Mt Pleasant is just across the new bridge that was just completed in Charleston. It is a marvelous work of art in it'self. the bridge is the largest cable stay suspenssion bridge in the northern hemisphere. You can't miss it. "Southeastern Spine Institute is a fully staffed & equipped facility with several of the best ADR surgeon in the world. This is no understatment & with very little checking you will see that this facility is one of the best in the nation. they have paitents from all over the united states comming there for charite ADR replacment with remarkable results. I don't know all of the surgeons but, one in particular is known to have performed hundreds of ADR proceedures with outstanding results. he also teaches at & is on the advisory board of the Medical University Hospital in Charleston. His name is DR Don Johnson. He also just so happens to be my surgeon. Another of the surgeons that I know there is Dr Steven Polettie. He too is very well experienced. they have a full facility to do all imaging including MRI. Their three storie facility is next to East Cooper Hospital which is where the actual proceedures are carried out. I would highly reccommend to anyone seeking a good Dr or facility or both in the US with plenty of experience to check them out. The phone number is 843-849-1551. Good Luck & I hope everyone finds great success whever tney may be. Good luck & God Bless.....And by the way. I AM IN NO WAY AFFIALIATED WITH THEM. I ONLY WANT TO RECOMMEND GOOD CARE FOR OUR FRIENDS HERE!!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Thx Harley. If you trip across other info resources, web links, stuff on the spinal docs, feel free to post.

Thx for sharing!
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 09-29-2005, 02:03 AM

Harrison,
I actualy came across a great webb site for anyone that would like to view the entire ADR process being performed. You can watch the entire surgery from start to finish on your computer with step by step naration. I have watched it several times & there is nothing that could be more informing. It is performed by Dr Fabien at the The Spine Institute at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York. I will include a link below for those that would like to watch a video of the Chartie disc replacment.Copy the link below & paste it into your browser & when you get to the page for Beth Israel Medical center click on the watch video link. http://www.or-live.com/bethisrael/12...x.cfm?r=orlive
Old 09-29-2005, 09:20 PM

Thanks for adding the surgical link. I have x-rays from my ADR, but of course I wasn't awake to see anything first hand.
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."