ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:41 PM

Make sure facets are in decent condition.
Do your due diligence, this is not something that should be rushed.
Born 1970/1995-Hurt at work/1996-Right disc fragment L4-L5 discectomy-On/off back pain,no serious leg pain until/2007-Right herniation L5-S1,recurrent small herniation at L4-L5 with unbearable leg pain/6/08 discectomy L5-S1/leg pain relieved/occaisional mechanical pain/2012-Cymblata 60 mg,occasional aleve/2014-LB pain not debilitating but chronic,Rhizotomy relieves facet pain on right side/2015-L4-S1 facets shot/4/15 PLIF L4-S1 with facectomy
Old 02-04-2015, 03:58 PM

HI,

I would steer clear from Stenum... I've read about too many horror stories, all though i have seen alot of success, but the bad ones are just really bad.

When i was looking for an ADR Surgeon, I contacted all of them in Germany. Took my time.. Tried to dig up dirt on them via the internet.

The only one i couldn't find any dirt on was Dr Zeegers. I could only find raving reviews. He does charge a small initial fee, but it was well worth the $$. All the other dr just looked at my films and said "yes we could fix you", Dr Zeegers on the other hand, wanted my full medical history and a ton of information, xrays, bone density, mri's etc. When i got down there, he more xrays, ct scans, etc just to make sure nothing had changed. He leaves no stone un-turned.

The one thing i really liked about Dr Zeegers is that you talk to him directly, not some secretary, or administration, but him directly. Multiple skype session etc. Even after my surgery, he still responds to my questions. Super nice caring Doctor. This was also one of my reasons for choosing him, he did a full review and didn't push anything on me. It was completely up to me if I wanted to go though with it or not.

One interesting fact is that after he did his full diagnosis on myself, due to my spine pathology a M6 disc would have failed within 6 months to a year. I was all set on the M6 for a long time. I ended up getting the activ-L which has been true and tried with Dr Zeegers for many years. He has not had one disc slip etc. He only had to remove it once, from an older lady with sever osteoporosis. The problem wasn't the disc, but her bones.

I think it comes down to choosing the Dr you feel is the best for you and let them decide which disc to put in based on your spine pathology.

I guess I am a bit bisis since I no nothing other than my experience with Dr Zeegers, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Good luck, feel free to PM me if need be.

Cheers,

Karger
Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 PM

Default Update: Joining the M6 Club

Hi Eveyone,
Harrison, this is probably not where this post should go, sorry! but, I am leaving tomorrow for surgery with Dr. Clavel. Other than the pain, I am ready "yay me"!
I will be getting two M6 spinal kinetic discs at L5/S1, L4/L5, and hopefully it will go very smoothly. Other than loss of distal height, and the herniation on my nerve, everything with my facet joints and vertebrae are in good shape for both levels to receive the replacement discs. My worry of things beginning to auto fuse on there on, is finally a none issue. Since Nov. till present, and my newest X-rays shows increase loss of distal height and those vertebrae getting closer together. My surgery decisions are made. I am sure I will feel the soreness after. I am staying at the AKO, Surgery will be on Wed. 25th. I am taking some Euro's and some U.S. currency, but I wasn't sure how much. Did not think I'd feel like shopping. But, I am open to any suggestions on good places to eat. I feel bad that I will be there for Easter and would like to treat the my family going with me, if I'm able. I did get transportation, but not daily after my release from the hospital. So, any suggestions on public transportation is welcome. I will try and let everyone know how I am doing, feeling, and with just the overall experience.
My main reason for this post is to say Thank You, to everyone who took time out of their lives to either talk, email or message with me. There are not enough words to convey what this site and the people who post on it, have done for me. I was overwhelmed, and frustrated. Those are very dangerous emotions because it can lead to rash decision making. I feel confident and informed about my condition an the solution I have chosen to peruse. I am sure it's because I found all of you and this site. So, from the deepest parts of my heart and soul "THANK YOU"!
Wish me luck, guys!
Last 18mos. increased flair-ups and leg pain.
Not interested in fusion, actively seeking better quality of life.
At present constant pain with daily activities.
Need 2-level adr L4-L5, L5-S1, just turned 38.
Surgery with Dr. Pablo Clavel, 3/25/2015, 2-level
L4-L5-S1.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:32 PM

Wombat, you're going to do great. Good luck!
Conceded defeat to a manifestly disingenuous BCBS-TX in my quest for reimbursement, Jan 2011
Old 03-20-2015, 02:06 PM

Default Adr

Good luck !!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:34 PM

Safe travels and wishing you speedy recovery from your surgery!
2016 more RFAs, hit the 10 year mark of this insanity and pain, 3 level M6-C ADR with Dr. Clavel May 19, 2016
Old 03-20-2015, 09:06 PM

Default Barcelona

Good luck with your surgery. I will be right behind you, 3 level cervical with dr. Clavel on April 8 th. Wishing you safe trip and a great recovery.
Grade 2+ spondylolesthesis at L5/S1 (I can deal with the pain as long as I am active)
May 8 2015----3 Level Cervical ADR @ C4-C5-C6
With Dr. Clavel
Old 03-20-2015, 09:18 PM

Awesome, simply awesome news and good for you! My three level with Clavel is 8.5 months, and doing great. Won't lie though. Post op is tough work for sure, but you are putting yourself in preeminent and first class care here.

You will have an endless constellation of adjustments postop and the usual 'I made the worst decision of my life freakout'. Don't worry. Plan on it. Then be patient for it gets better!

Food: La Flauta, right around AKO on same block. Eat there often. La Caixa is where you can get more euros and they're everywhere so carry light on cash.

Call me if you need to any time(check PMs) and tell Dr Clavel and Yolanda, Andrew Radakovitz said 'Hi'.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:26 PM

Best of luck with the surgery, and wishing you a speedy recovery to pain free life.
Dema & Raouf
, little effect on pain
Considering surgery (typical questions, which type & which surgeon!)
Old 03-21-2015, 02:08 PM

Good luck! Please come back soon and brag how good you feel!