ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:00 PM

No doubt it makes sense to do ADR in Europe, where there is experience and the st technology. I am mostly warried about L5-S1 level, and how good M6-L disks are for this level..
Old 02-05-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romakis View Post
No doubt it makes sense to do ADR in Europe, where there is experience and the st technology. I am mostly warried about L5-S1 level, and how good M6-L disks are for this level..
When I was with Dr. Zeegers and talking about disc's. I mentioned to him about the M6. I saw alot of cool videos on it etc. Dr Zeegers told me he had reservations about the M6 and said it was not designed to hold the load at the l5/s1 level. He has seen failures at the l5/s1 level because of the M6. He also indicated that he has seen more removal of M6's. And I also found alot on the net. But I also found alot of success stories. At the end of the day, M6 is good for other levels then l5/s1

The Activ-L he only had to remove once, and this was due to an older lady with bad osteoporosis. He has been using the Activ-L for years. Activ-L was designed to hold the stress of the l5/s1 level.

I did alot of research on the M6 vs the Activ-L and one of the down falls is that you only get one chance to put it in where as the Activ-L, if he doesn't like the placement, he can replace it until it's perfect.

I went with DR Z because he has been doing it since 89 and is the pioneer in that field. I dealt with him directly. No admins, etc.. him directly. skype calls etc. If anything went wrong, at least I did it with the best right?

After he was done with the full diagnosis, I let him choose the disc he thought was the best for my spine since he's the expert and I am not

Granted I am kinda bisis since I only have one dr. experience. But I couldn't find any dirt on him, only raving reviews. Other Dr's I could find dirt pretty easy. People having issues and the Dr's no longer responding to their clients etc. This was another one of my deciding factors. Dr. Zeegers will still take time out of his day to answer my emails, or even to have a quick call even if it's 12am his time.

All said in done, after you have done your homework, I am sure you will make the best decision for yourself. I spent about 1 year of research and reaching out to DR all over the world before I settled on DR. Z.

Cheers

Karger
Old 02-06-2015, 04:07 PM

Default Fusion vs. ADR..

Well, I met with my US surgeon today, and we scheduled a discogram of l4-l5-s1... This will be fun .. My next step pretty much is fusion of l4-s1 or two level ADR overseas.. Hybrid of course is an option, but my US doctor does not do them, and finding another one in the US is such a challenging prospect!!! Plus, M6-L is not approved in the US, and it sounds like it is the best one out there.

Thank you all for your help and comments; it really helps me with my decision process.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:20 AM

Spinal Kinetics just released a new M6l specifically for L5/S1. Looks like a tank. Also keels slightly higher. End plates bigger too.

Dr C just put one in my friend.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:35 AM

Default Adr

You have a link of where we can see this new disc?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:15 PM

I would love to see a new M6L for L5-S1!
Old 02-07-2015, 04:14 PM

Romakis I just read through your thread...
I did not read anything about the shape of your facets...
What condition are your facets in?
Born 1970/1995-Hurt at work/1996-Right disc fragment L4-L5 discectomy-On/off back pain,no serious leg pain until/2007-Right herniation L5-S1,recurrent small herniation at L4-L5 with unbearable leg pain/6/08 discectomy L5-S1/leg pain relieved/occaisional mechanical pain/2012-Cymblata 60 mg,occasional aleve/2014-LB pain not debilitating but chronic,Rhizotomy relieves facet pain on right side/2015-L4-S1 facets shot/4/15 PLIF L4-S1 with facectomy
Old 02-07-2015, 04:32 PM

Would you tell me the name of the surgeon you used? Thanks. Will
Old 02-07-2015, 04:53 PM

Default facets and surgeon's name

Facets have never come up during any of my meetings with all my doctors. As a matter of fact, yesterday was the first time I asked my doc about them. Nobody ever told me I may have a problem with them, so I guess they are OK.

My doctor's name is Dr. T. Budorick and he is probably the best in the area where I live.
Old 02-10-2015, 04:12 AM

Follow through on the facets for sure. Not something to take lightly or mess around with. Why exchange one pain for another?

As for the new M6L L5/S1, I'll have to ask Phil to post a pic here. Dr Clavel placed all his m6s perfect.

Chronic back pain started in 2010 while shrugging weights that a 40 yr. old shouldn't even try.

MRI in 2012 showing L4/L5, L5/S1 herniations and L2/L3 bulge.

L5/S1 taking on new shape, chronic sciatica, etc.

DEXA bone scan performed 5/7/14 showing mild osteopenia.

Surgery performed July 9th, 2014, Dr Clavel, hybrid three level lumbar.