ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you just joined, please introduce yourself here. Please add a signature describing your spinal history (use the "User CP) and ask us how we can help you get started.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:37 PM

JSS-thanks for the welcome.

Cheryl- I really hope your surgery goes well in Barcelona and that you come out of it feeling so much better. May the outcome be just what you need.

Dema-I have not had pain and burning under the scapula, but I have always had sort of a tingling nerve-y feeling under my right scapula when I lie in certain positions. I really feel that it is related. It's been that way for several years.
2013-2014 Physical therapy 2X a week with dry needling/traction. Minimal relief.
2014- 2 surgeons recommend ACDF. It didn't sit well with me.
2014- Stem cell therapy. Temporary relief.
2015 ADR April 27!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:49 AM

Amy - Just think in a few hours you will be carrying around two new Artificial Disc. I am thinking of you this morning and I am sending positive energy your way.

I am so happy United Healthcare approved your surgery. You wouldn't happen to be under Tricare are you? the reason why I ask is that I am the first person who ever won an appeal with Tricare and just want to see if they are approving request for military and their families. I was told by the head of Tricare back in December that they would not give us the run around again. I hope they're. Thank you!
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
July 2014 - Stem Cell Procedure performed
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 04-27-2015, 02:12 PM

I believe Amy has United Healthcare and they approved the 2 ADR procedure. Our prayers are with you today Amy.
Dema & Raouf
, little effect on pain
Considering surgery (typical questions, which type & which surgeon!)
Old 04-28-2015, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dema View Post
I believe Amy has United Healthcare and they approved the 2 ADR procedure. Our prayers are with you today Amy.
Dema & Raouf
Tricare is managed through United Healthcare. This is the reason why I ask. I just want to know if they are approving the multi-level now as I was told by the head of Tricare that they would for retired/active duty members who are service connected. I had to appeal three times before they approved my surgery in October. I was the first one to get this approved. I just want to keep tabs on this to see where were at.
Mar 2014 - MRI of Cervical and Lumbar, protruding disc in C3-7, Herniated Disc in L5/S1, placed on STD and FMLA )
Oct 20, 2014 - ADR (MOBI-C) at C5-7 and Anterior Fusion at L5/S1 by Dr. Pettine and Dr. Techy
Old 05-02-2015, 06:21 PM

Default Mobi-C disc C4-6 replacement surgery 4/27/15

Dear Friends,

This is my first update after a 2 level mobi-c disc replacement surgery this past Monday with Dr. Petinne in Colorado. I really appreciate all of the prayers and kind wishes from all of you.

First of all, I want to apologize because I originally said that we would be doing C5-7, but we ended up deciding that C4-6 would be best. There is damage up and down the cervical spine, so we were just trying to make the best decision we could.

I was approved through United Healthcare for insurance coverage for the surgery. I am not under tri-care and did not have an appeal process. I think this might be incredible news for everyone seeking insurance coverage. As I mentioned before, I have years and years of paperwork documenting the amount of money United Health Care has spent on me trying to address my pain with traditional less invasive therapies. Literally hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on me over the course of about 8 years with no stone unturned. I really drove that point home with them. I don't know if that helped my case, but I share that with you for what it is worth as you plead your cases as well. My prayer is that this opportunity will continue to open up to more and more people without so much stress and fight for people that are already living their lives in pain.

I'm going to try and post updates in the thread for people post surgery so that I can share my recovery and hopefully help others. I'm still pretty groggy and uncomfortable, so it may not be every day, but I really want to be of service where I can so I will try!

Thank you again for all of your well wishes!
Amy
2013-2014 Physical therapy 2X a week with dry needling/traction. Minimal relief.
2015 ADR April 27!
Old 05-04-2015, 01:26 AM

Congratulations Amy on making it to the other side, and wishing you a smooth and quick recovery from surgery.
, little effect on pain
Considering surgery (typical questions, which type & which surgeon!)
Old 05-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Congratulations to you to as well, Amy!! I hope you have a quick and speedy recovery. My turn is tomorrow morning at level C5/C6 using the Mobi-C. I'm at the hotel right across the parking lot from TBI as I write this.

Best regards,
Gene
2008 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on left side
Feb, 2010 - Cervical Fusion C4/C5
Dec, 2010 - Lumbar Fusion L3/L5
2013 - Bulge on C5/C6; herniation C6/C7 right side
Mar 26, 2013 - Foraminotomy at C6/C7 on right side
May 5, 2015 - ADR with Dr Blumenthal of TBI for C5/C6 using Mobi-C
Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 PM

NJ Gene-Thinking of you and hoping that your mobi-c surgery went well. Praying for your comfort in your healing.

Amy
2015 ADR April 27!
Old 05-17-2015, 08:28 AM

Amy: I am so happy that all went well with your surgery. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. This is great news!
Old 05-18-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado babe View Post
Amy - Just think in a few hours you will be carrying around two new Artificial Disc. I am thinking of you this morning and I am sending positive energy your way.

I am so happy United Healthcare approved your surgery. You wouldn't happen to be under Tricare are you? the reason why I ask is that I am the first person who ever won an appeal with Tricare and just want to see if they are approving request for military and their families. I was told by the head of Tricare back in December that they would not give us the run around again. I hope they're. Thank you!

Colorado babe,

May i ask why you chose an anterior fusion at L5-S1 vs. any other type of fusion offered for your condition. Most people don't go anterior for fusion unless something drastic is wrong.

Thanks

Feb. 2014 - Hybrid lumbar fusion(l5/S1), ADR(L4/L5)...2-level cervical ADR (C5/C6, C6/C7). Dr. Pablo Clavel of Quiron Hospital in Barcelona, Spain. All M6 implants (PEEK cage and plate from Medtronic at fusion level in lumbar.) SAME DAY OPERATION for both areas of the spine.