ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

For anyone who is interested..
Spoke w/Nurse Case Manager yesterday, had to make "case" why I wanted yet another consultation for ADR.

Asked to have Dr.Bertagnoli info sent to Risk Management as well as referral to Dr.Regan since I had utilized GlobalPatientNetwork services out of pocket and these were the two docs I received replies from.

She didn't say anything re my persistant desire to have surgery in Germany...

However, said it would most likely be between the 2-3 doctors here in So.CA. I would have to choose from (my OSS who wants to do fusion at L5S1 and ADR above it, Dr.Bae and Dr.Regan "if" I get a consultation w/).

Since I've relocated and live alone now, she is putting together a request for live in health care, housecare for a 2 week duration at least, if not a bit longer.

Also I'm to get rid of my animals for that duration...

So I'm moving forward. While most people go about this much quicker than myself, I just have to do it "my way"... and am hoping slow but sure will be the right way to go in my case..

Unpacking still in progress of course. Had to take several days off from this as couldn't bend anymore and get too sore to function so this is also a slow but sure process!

thanks to all who post here and bring their concerns, questions, experiences and knowledge/info.. we learn so much this way...

Also to those who've been kind and supportive enough to respond to my posts and send me pms

Of course to Harrison for creating and maintaining the forum, Alastair for his support and input, and to Mark has devoted himself the business of helping out the suffering spinal population seeking advancement and excellence in spinal technological care.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:17 PM

Hi Mariaa,
Thanks for those kind words - -- you know we are here to help you any time - - -just shout Gal!!!!
Best
Alastair
http://www.adrsupport.org/alastair.html
Thank goodness for Dr Zeegers I am painfree
I am here to help,I live in the UK

I now run the UK spine site and can be contacted at

www.adrsupportuk.com/
Old 09-22-2005, 06:23 PM

Glad to hear you're moving forward in your quest!

Sad to hear you're hurting and must send away your furr-faced friends. I also live alone, and (despite some challenges), I can't imagine being without my herd.

Do you have someone to take care of the critters for a while? I have rescue/foster contacts in SoCal (I grew up in Pasadena), if I can help please holler?

Jenn
Old 09-22-2005, 06:33 PM

Hi Maria,

It is good to know that you are pacing yourself when it comes to unpacking. Don't feel bad about being so methodical with your ADR decision process. At least when you are finished you will have had plenty of time to be certain you made the right choice for you and your body. For me, once I received my insurance approval, I wanted my ADR ASAP! Take comfort knowing that many of us are thinking about you and your well-being. Please send me a message if you would like to chat sometime.

Hugs
http://www.myspace.com/luvmysibe
http://www.xanga.com/luvmysibe
"A smile is contagious, be a carrier ."
Old 09-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Wow, Mariaa, what a journey...thx for your kind words and I wish you continued success and luck in your next chapter. Jeez, rid of your animals?! That's a big process...I know, cuz I have one...
Founder & moderator of ADRSupport - 2004
Founder Arthroplasty Patient Foundation a 501(c)(3) - 2006
Creator & producer, Why Am I Still Sick? - 2012
Donate www.arthropatient.org/about/donate
Old 09-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Wow, you have to send away your pets? Why would that be? Having my kitties around post-ADR kept up my spirits and gave me a sense of purpose (no matter how small).

Are they animals that require extensive care (ie. barn animals), or house pets (ie. cat/dog)? I guess I could understand the former, but don't understand their reasoning for the latter.

Never heard of this before...
Old 09-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Banned

Maria,

I have followed your story for the last couple of years. I truly wish you the best and I know you will find relief in good time.

Justin
Old 09-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Banned

Harrison and Seneca Girl..
the cats (3 persians) and the dog (mini schnauzer) are to be sent away during the time WC will pay for live in service as they don't want to include care of the animals and say that I won't be able to bend over to care for kitty litter.. or have someone walk my dog..
They also don't want any animals underfoot in terms of falling and they don't want to have to find someone that will be live in care and pet care also... that is WC reasoning...

My husband can probably take care of the cats easy enough but the dog requires more attention, walking several times/day and generally attention~

I will miss them also as they give me so much entertainment and peacefulness that I can't imagine them not being part of my recovery altho I hope it's just the immediate post op like first week or so per WC altho the Nurse Case Manager said for the duration I have live in care...

We will see. This is not set in stone by any means re what WC will actually provide/require.

***Justin,
I've watched so many people go by and progress to a more nomrlal life so I hope that when my day comes soon afterwards I'll be able to contribute to the successful cases~
Meanwhile, thanks for your kind words.. good to see you whenever you post!

thanks all...
Old 09-23-2005, 01:49 PM

Mariaa,

Congratulations on making your mind up and taking the risk despite a history of failed back surgery. You seem to have been in utterly excruciating pain during your move.

I hope/trust that things w/work out and no doubt, us LA folks w/do what we can need be. Unless you have an extended vacation in Germany.

Best, ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:14 PM

Hi Maria,

It has been a long road for you. I certainly hope that your case manager will pull through and help you make the arrangements you need so that you can step out of spineyhood.

As far as unpacking goes, I don't think it is going anywhere - thus it will be there when you get to it.
Dr. Bertagnoli May 22, 2004 Rudolfinerhaus Vienna, Austria.
Currently DRUG FREE and living life again!
Knowledge is Power!!!