ADRSupport Community  

Go Back   ADRSupport Community > General Discussion > The Big File

The Big File All issues not easily categorized in the above forums are here. Comments on general health, diet, "getting comfortable," and more are here.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Banned

This time by an ER physician. Almost the same number of pages~ 4 this time vs. 5. Same content tho in terms of non certification/denial...

I didn't expect to get authorization however didn't expect to get more than one non certification and I don't see why an ER doc has the credibility to give a non cert.

Bah humbug .. this non cert is still for the 2 level ADR that the ortho in San Diego was behind. I've not even gotten to the non certs I'm bound to get for my recent visit to The Spine Center in Santa Monica with Dr.Bae...
Old 03-26-2006, 10:02 PM

Sorry to hear this. Makes as much sense as a UR proctologist who denied an ENT test for me.
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:20 AM
Banned

Now there's a specialty I'm bound to see hand down the next non cert.. Proctologist~
Old 03-27-2006, 02:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear and that the insurance company will go to this extent to deny authorization for treatment that is obviusly necessary. Was this a separate opinion from your latest surgeon app't? By the time these non certifications are done the cost of them could have paid for your surgery already. What can you do to fight these?
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 03-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Banned

Spotty,
This non cert was for a proposed two level ADR that really the surgeon in San Diego just thought was what I could have and referred me back to The Spine Center in Santa Monica. This should not have even gone thru as request for authorization but as you stated, the State wants to waste it's $ with going thru UR for everything.. (what a true waste of $)..

Re the process, I can appeal when there is something to actually appeal. I think it will be the authorization that has just gone in recently for Dr.Bae to do a "hybrid" surgery with fusion at L5S1 and ADR at L4.

As far as I'm concerned, I still need another discogram to make sure L3 isn't causing a prob but everyone looks at it on MRI and/or CT scan and says "it looks good".. then says even tho there is a bulge there and anular tear has been documented since the ice age...(it worries Me)

I'm no expert and certainly don't claim to be tho would rather really be as certain as possible that L3 doesn't also need intervention, because I think it'd be best to go in all in one shot and take care of business (if necessary).

Oh well, the discogram was denied already by UR a few months ago...
Old 03-28-2006, 12:27 AM

Mariaa,
I understand now. They would have to agree to pay for another discogram right before your surgery. Wouldn't it just be part of the approval for ADR surgery. I hope this all works out sooner than later. Let us know.
11/2000 IDET L 3/4, L4/5
1/2000 Discogram
numerous epidural injections
physical therapy
Old 03-28-2006, 01:24 AM

M: Maybe in one shot. I don't know when but at L-3, they're going to start (or have) a lateral vs. anterior approach acc'd to Regan.

Be well, ans
Severe, extensive DDD, considered inoperable by Dr. Regan, Lauressen, & some guy at UCLA. Severe foraminal stenosis (guess they can't operate!) and some spinal cord compression that Lauryssen would fix if gets outta hand.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:31 AM

If you will contact me privately I may be able to assist you with getting approval with using a dr I know personnally and professioannly to do so contact me at LMay4111@aol.com thanks Linda